People or Things that Recieve too much Criticism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"reintroduce old work to a public that has forgotten in a modern way"

and then stifles innovation by showing that it is easier to use other peoples work to make money than it is to be innovative and the best at what they do.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Vegetarian meals.
      Instant coffee.

People also make too much fuss over the difference between good/bad wine.
      "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
      "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
      - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by Seneca

And call me old-fashioned, but I kind of like my singers to sing well...
        That reminds me of the review in the local paper of the Spice Girls concert.

"Why a band that consists of 5 women singers, none of whom play any instruments, needs so many backup singers I leave an open question."
        He's got the Midas touch.
        But he touched it too much!
        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
          80s music, there was invaluable amounts of good new wave and synthpop the likes we will never see again...
          Yep, an era of a million good bands being forced to the sidelines by a few pathetic bands invented by their managers. It's funny. I watch 80's movies these days and I don't recognize the music at all, because I never listened to that crap at the time. I recognize the era and style, but not the song or the "artist".
          He's got the Midas touch.
          But he touched it too much!
          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Popups. They are exciting, and bring useful products to your attention.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Agreed. Popups hardly bother me at all.
              "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
              "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
              - Pekka

Comment

-Political Correctness
                -The US Legal System (sure its horrible, but it hardly deserves the enourmous volume of criticism it gets comes to equally annoying things)
                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Boshko
                  -Political Correctness
                  I agree completely. It's gotten so bad that people attribute things to Political Correctness that, in fact, have nothing to do with Political Correctness. Civ3 was released only a month after september 11, and yet people attribute the absence of Fundamentalism and the absence of an Arab civ to political correctness. It drives me ****in crazy. They had finished most of the game in August.
                  "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by tinyp3nis
                    It's very pop to hate USA. Or racists, when there is ANY chance at someone could be called racist (with good excuse or no) people take it, this has been going on years now, and probably won't stop soon either
                    Yeah whats with racist haters? They hate them with such a passion they themselves become a racist.
                    :-p

Comment

Everyone is racist, its just a matter of how much.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

To hopefully to seal the discussion on the art topic... (this includes all kinds of art=music, theather etc)

Person who is a great performer but not a great innovator should stop getting overly criticized. People who perform by sampling or doing a cover band should be simply recognized for their performance skills. Its just ridiculous to consider an artist terrible after they have performed an amazing performance simply because the content was not his own. True, the credit for his work would be even greater if it was his own work (and it should be), but simply because he didnt create his own innovation doesnt mean his performance is in anyway of lesser quality.

Also, art is on the eye of a beholder. You may like one type of art and I may like another. To some people, H.R Geiger's artwork is just disturbing, to some amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
                          Everyone is racist, its just a matter of how much.
                          well i was talking about a person who hates a racist so badly that he himself becomes an extreme racist. For example, I have a friend whos a nazi hater. I mean this guy hates nazis so much that he sounds like a neo nazi himself. I just find this kinda ironic/dumb/weird whatever.

Comment

Beef gets criticized too much, as does calamari and fried chicken.
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Calc II
                              well i was talking about a person who hates a racist so badly that he himself becomes an extreme racist.
                              I don't see how that's possible, unless racists compose an entire race in and of themselves.
                              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

read my example?

Comment

Working...
                                X