People or Things that Recieve too much Criticism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dali
    Pollock: reminds me that I currently suffer from Diarrhea.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

80s music, there was invaluable amounts of good new wave and synthpop the likes we will never see again...
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Wait a second. You were serious, weren't you?
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

It's very pop to hate USA. Or racists, when there is ANY chance at someone could be called racist (with good excuse or no) people take it, this has been going on years now, and probably won't stop soon either
          Actually, It's now even more pop to hate the USA-haters.

Comment

look, new wave and synthpop were great...catchy, fun, and actually well written in many cases. modern music pales in comparison to some of the work by depeche mode and duran duran
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Provost et al: Jackson Pollock's creating of the images was as much the art as the finished objêt (oh bollocks, I've fallen into Civ2 languague again) itself. I still don't like him particularly (elitist *****, contrary to what I like about modern art which his opponents expressed much better, I'm a staunch post-conceptualist when it comes to art), but anyway.

Overcriticised things:

The use of samling in music

Professional Songwriters

Music "these days"
              Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
              Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

buck, you are wrong wrong wrong...

sampling has led to the bastardization of classic songs, and to the lack of creativity that most producers have. why should i create something of my own when i can just rip off someone else, make a pretty penny to pay them off and then make an assload of money myself. bad for music as art, bad for music as entertainment

and because of sampling, modern music is nothing short of a regurgitation of old music and therefore can NEVER be better or innovative. I dont use absolutes often but i will in this case.

Comment

Shouldn't that be an objét finit?
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Overcriticised:

Zoos.
                    Wind turbines.
                    The NHS.
                    Special effects.
                    Games with excellent graphics and sound.

And I'm going to pre-empt whoever says civ3. It's criticism was justified.

Comment

The NHS? Well have you ever tried getting emergency dental treatment nowadays? You'd have more luck getting it sorted with a piece of string and a door...
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                        buck, you are wrong wrong wrong...
                        I'd expect that from someone who litsens to something as flat and soulless as Duran Duran really. Sampling, effectively used, can distill feelings, take emotes from one song and transfer them to much greater effect to another. Most songs can be made much better purely by sampling, by the process of creating startling effects by juxtaposing the familiar with the unfamiliar. It's all very avant-garde I suppose.

Don't get me wrong, I love sample-elss music and I think the recent trend towards original textures in Hip-Hop has been a positive one. But I don't dismiss sampling as a practice like so many do.
                        Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                        Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

haha, duran duran is not the end all be all of what i listen to. they are though what synthpop is all about, and they do what they do very well.

sampling used effectively is very good, like for jurassic 5 and blackalicious, but i detest of taking entire songs and just rewriting lyrics to them and then adding an 808 kick to it.

but again most sampling i see isnt really creative or innovative, it is basically taking large portions of others peoples music and applying their own half assed spin on it.

i also hate covers of songs too, and i hate it every time some ******* does a cover of a popular 80s song.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Birdseed

I'd expect that from someone who litsens to something as flat and soulless as Duran Duran really. Sampling, effectively used, can distill feelings, take emotes from one song and transfer them to much greater effect to another. Most songs can be made much better purely by sampling, by the process of creating startling effects by juxtaposing the familiar with the unfamiliar. It's all very avant-garde I suppose.

Don't get me wrong, I love sample-elss music and I think the recent trend towards original textures in Hip-Hop has been a positive one. But I don't dismiss sampling as a practice like so many do.
                            It is just plain plagiarism from what I have seen...that I'll Be Missing You song was just a plain rip off of The Police, except with new lyrics. Can't they write their own music or anything?
                            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

There is nothing wrong with covers, sampling or putting new lyrics to old songs. A truly great song doesn't need to be kept intact like some sort of museum peice. Good covers can reinvent songs, reintroduce old work to a public that has forgotten in a modern way. See if you can download "Funky Cold Medina" by Molotov. Its in Spanish so I don't know half of what they're saying but I think its genius. They also did a cover of Bohemian Rhapsody that will make you flip. That doesn't necessarily mean you'll like it.

Comment

No, gsmoove23, look at recent cover versions...they are just bland soulless covers. Look at the likes of Will Young or Gareth Gates. They have nothing apart from their voice...and let's face it...good voices are ten a penny nowadays...
                                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                                X