Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of these dictators did more good than bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which of these dictators did more good than bad?

We talked about the bad sides of dictators for quite a long time, but this poll is quite different. It asks which of the dictators, in your opinion, did more good than bad for their country in their rule.
    Example: you could think that Mao is one if you think that unification of China was more important for the Chinese than all the bad he done, etc.
    Adolf Hitler (Germany)
    3.77%
    Joseph Stalin (Soviet Union)
    1.89%
    Vladimir Lenin (Soviet Union)
    6.13%
    Mao Ze Dong (China)
    3.77%
    Kim Il Sung (North Korea)
    0.00%
    Benito Mussolini (Italy)
    3.77%
    Francisco Franco (Spain)
    7.08%
    Fidel Castro (Cuba)
    13.68%
    Enver Hoxha (Albania)
    1.42%
    Hideki Tojo (Japan)
    0.94%
    Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini (Iran)
    2.36%
    Saddam Hussein (Iraq)
    1.89%
    Robert Mugabe (Zimbabwe)
    1.89%
    Pervaz Musharaf (Pakistan)
    7.55%
    Chiang Kai Shek (China, Taiwan)
    6.13%
    Mobuto Sese Seko (Zaire)
    0.00%
    Slobodan Miloshevich (Yugoslavia)
    1.89%
    Augusto Pinochet (Chile)
    7.55%
    Muamar Quadaffi (Lybia)
    3.77%
    Pol Pot (Cambodia)
    1.42%
    Antonio Salazar (Portugal)
    2.83%
    Wojcieh Jeruzelski (Poland)
    0.00%
    Jozip Broz (Yugoslavia)
    7.55%
    None!
    12.74%

None

Comment

If I had to choose one it would be Castro, but then he almost caused a nuclear war (whether he did so inentionally or not).

Lenin just led to Stalin happening whih most certainly wasn't good.

Comment

Umm, who voted for Hitler and Pinochet?

Comment

Jozip Broz (Tito) perhaps?
          CSPA

Comment

red_jon, I voted for Pinochet since I believe that he was a man who modernised Chile and because of him Chile is now quite rich compared to other South American countries. He built the free market economy and if not him Chile would be poor in my opinion. His kill list is also quite small if compared to most of other dictators, especially Hitler, Stalin and Mao (if percentally then also Pol Pot). In my opinion the nation as a whole gained more from him than lost, although it is obvious that those who lost their relatives due to his regime won't agree with me... But then again, they probably not realize that living in a shack in "poor districts" around city, as so many South Americans do, isn't the best thing either...

Comment

Musharaf keeps the islamists away from power... that's good methinks
              CSPA

Comment

I could only just bring myself to vote for Castro. Even then it was damn difficult. Dictators almost by definition do more harm than good.
                "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Lenin: Improved the USSR, but Stalin f*cked it up.

Castro: Cuba has a relatively good education system compared to most other 3rd world countries.

Musharaff: What Gangerwolf said.

Comment

None of the above.

That answer should be obvious to anyone with even the slightest trace of a brain in their tiny little heads.

Comment

None of the above.

That answer should be obvious to anyone with even the slightest trace of a brain in their tiny little heads.
                      because just being a dictator outweighs anything positive they may have done?
                      CSPA

Comment

Fez is banned, so who voted for Franco?

Comment

I have nothing against Lenin, it is just the subsequent events that caused the mess. Tito seemed to be reasonable too by dictator standards...
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
                            Fez is banned, so who voted for Franco?
                            Really? how he get banned?
                            Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

So what, Provost, Lenin didn't know Stalin would become such a b@st@rd.

Comment

Working...
                              X