No announcement yet.

And you think Republicans are Patriots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody know what the story is with Molly Irvins? Every article I have ever seen from her has a level of vitriol for Bush that I have rarely seen applied to any other politician by anybody anywhere. Since they are both from Texas, I presume it has its origin there, even though Bush is generally seen as doing a decent job as governor. I am not particularly happy with Bush, but Molly Irvins seems completely over the top.
    Old posters never die.
    They j.u.s.t..f..a..d..e...a...w...a...y....

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Hanson
      Busy trying to work out what exactly he believes in, probably.
      Work out? Did you say work out? As in think?
      A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
        Don't ask me, ask Ming. I think he said 2 weeks, not for sure. So he'll be back in a week I say.
        Then don't respond if you don't have a clue You shouldn't lie like that or put words in my mouth. I didn't ban fez or talk about it.

If you care for the facts instead of made up crap...

MtG banned him for a week... He will be back on Friday...

And Odin... In the the future, don't speak for me... especially when you just make it up and lie.
        Last edited by Ming; November 29, 2002, 00:42.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ahh heck Odin. Ming didn't mean mean what he just said. Why don't you go and tell him what he said agian?

(Ming, it's a joke please don't ban me. )
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Yes I did mean it...

Some people just prove how little they know with every post they make
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Jeez... It was a joke....
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Bush is just doing what his corporate masters desire of him. It's what one comes to expect of Republicans in political power. I expect no more- or less- from him.

btw, don't worry about Mingy. He's just cranky from having to moderate 3 sections now.

(nice pic btw, Ming)
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

That wasn't Chegitz, it was me...apparently he was the last to use this computer...
                  I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

DL! DL!

Corporate masters... . Of course there was NO pork when the Democrats were in power .
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yeah... the Dems understand pork as well as Repubs... but only the Repubs are bad when they do it
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                        Yeah... the Dems understand pork as well as Repubs... but only the Repubs are bad when they do it
                        AFAIK I never said the Dems were saints... that's why I vote Green...

But I must confess that this administration is far more frightening than any previous repub admin.

Imran, *tsk, tsk* trying to get me banned? Lol Go ahead...I'll take a two week holiday...since I likely won't be back for 2 months!
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Sava, Before I jump to conclusions about Lilly, I would like to hear the other side of the story. If you have it, please post it.

As to the offshore tax breaks, the problem with the argument is that it is perfectly legal. It is not cheating at all.

It also illustrates fundamental problems with our corporate tax code. It might be better to simply put corporate income taxes at 0 and replace it with a VAT.
                          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
                            The Commies and greens are the only people with brains, Ming. Quit supporting corrupt porkbellies.

Fezzie is spending some quality time in Mingapulco. It's boring on the threads without his fezzing.
                            A) You are wrong about the absence of Fez being boring.

B) You seem to filling his shoes quite nicely in his absence
                            He's got the Midas touch.
                            But he touched it too much!
                            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

I agree that this crap is terrible. I wish we could stop it, and we probably can, but more rah-rahing for one party or the other is not going to get the job done. Both parties blatantly pay off their contributers in many ways. Clinton was big on "targeted tax cuts", which were targeted to appeal to desirable sections of the electorate before the election, and targeted to pay off loyal sections of the electorate after the election. This is the same paying off your friends at the cost of everyone else mentality, and it goes on every day in deals which range from highly illegal and immoral to deals that are immoral but would hardly be noticed as such due to the dirty environment around them (like littering in a concentration camp). Vote for third party candidates who have clean hands (possibly due only to a lack of opportunity), and punish those incumbents who let this sort of crap slide.

---------------

I agree with those who think Molly Ivins is a big fat idiot btw. Whenever I see her or Jim Hightower I always wonder whether Texas produces any famous journalists who aren't clowns. I suppose there is Dan Rather or Bill Moyers, but they both tend to drive me crazy in short order, even though they don't have the clown reputation.
                              He's got the Midas touch.
                              But he touched it too much!
                              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                                Sava, Before I jump to conclusions about Lilly, I would like to hear the other side of the story. If you have it, please post it.

As to the offshore tax breaks, the problem with the argument is that it is perfectly legal. It is not cheating at all.

It also illustrates fundamental problems with our corporate tax code. It might be better to simply put corporate income taxes at 0 and replace it with a VAT.
                                Whats a VAT?

Comment

Working...
                                X