No announcement yet.

And you think Republicans are Patriots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shame the line item veto ain't still going...
    *ducks*
    "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
      Can't you see? If the US was communist we'd never have any problems.
      If the US hadn't declared independence we probably wouldn't have had this problem.
      "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Hanson
        If the US hadn't declared independence we probably wouldn't have had this problem.
        Damn straight! Now revoke that Declaration of Independence right this minute!
        "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Careful, Glonkie - ya might start to sound like Fezzywezzyhunniebumpkins

Where is he anyway?

Comment

Busy trying to work out what exactly he believes in, probably.
            "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
              Blah.. Blah... Blah... your same old story. You are welcome to your opinion... as misguided as it is
              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Corporations can still dodge taxes? Good!
                Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Damn straight! Now revoke that Declaration of Independence right this minute!

You actually want us?
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I've seen Molly Ivins a few times, once on tv and once at a seminar at Texas A&M.

I am absolutely convinced she is stark raving mad. Willie Nelson is more coherant at concerts.
                    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                      I have no problem with the issues raised by the story... while it is a tad biased and inflamitory, the facts are accurate...

But I just hate when a single issue comes up and Sava makes it sound like for that reason alone, you should change parties and that every thing comes down to this one sole issue....

Every party does stupid things in support of those that keep them office... Is this bad... yes... does it surprise me... no... should I go running over to the Dems because of it... I don't think so...
                      This is a rather extreme example, but unfortunately, it's standard practice by both parties - put a nice, flag-waving title on a bill, load it with unrelated pork and special purpose legislation, and either nobody notices, or nobody dares vote against a bill with such a nice, catchy "who could be against that?" title.

The problem is that it's what voters want. People ***** about corporate perks, etc., but then you get things like useless national guard and reserve units, highway projects, all sorts of Federal tax money that gets spent locally, and people want senators and representatives who bring home the bacon.

Hey Floyd, that's very consistent with your anarchist ideology. Some corporations can use special loopholes and hire tax attorneys to evade taxes, while most can't, nor can individuals. Hey, coherent, consistent Floydian ideology strikes again.
                      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Hey Floyd, that's very consistent with your anarchist ideology. Some corporations can use special loopholes and hire tax attorneys to evade taxes, while most can't, nor can individuals. Hey, coherent, consistent Floydian ideology strikes again.
                        Hey, I don't agree with taxes in general. If a person or corporation can use a loophole to get out of paying them, I'm not gonna object. Sure, maybe it's not fair that I can't use the loophole, but in my view taxes aren't fair to begin with, so I'm not going keep someone else from getting out of them just because I can't.

And I'm not anarchist, I believe in government - just a strictly limited one.
                        Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                        Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

The Commies and greens are the only people with brains, Ming. Quit supporting corrupt porkbellies.

Fezzie is spending some quality time in Mingapulco. It's boring on the threads without his fezzing.

Comment

How long's he banned for?

Comment

Originally posted by red_jon
                              How long's he banned for?
                              Don't ask me, ask Ming. I think he said 2 weeks, not for sure. So he'll be back in a week I say.

Comment

Damn moderators, ruining our fun .
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X