Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My name is Dissident and I admit I'm a trekkie- There's like 2 weeks till Nemesis!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My name is Dissident and I admit I'm a trekkie- There's like 2 weeks till Nemesis!!!!

Or is that Trekker? What's the difference?

This looks like a good one. Supposedly the film was orginally 3 1/2 hours long and had scenes with Wil Wheaton in it. I hated him and his acting, but I liked how they wrapped up his character. I'd like to see how that finished off. But they cut his scenese from the movie to make the movie 2 hours long from what the boards say (and we know they always contain relevant info.). It better be on the DVD at least.

It's an even numbered star trek. It has to be good

Here's the imdb link. I have a few messages on the message board.

I will be waiting in line 2 weeks before it opens
    4.60%
    I will see it opening day
    4.60%
    I will see it the first week
    8.05%
    I will see it the first month
    14.94%
    I will see it between 1 month and before it leaves theaters
    6.90%
    I plan on seeing it multiple times
    5.75%
    I plan on living in the theatre it shows in
    3.45%
    I will wait until video/dvd
    3.45%
    I will wait until cable/satellite television
    5.75%
    I will wait until it reaces regular television
    6.90%
    I am a cheapskate and will illegally download it
    9.20%
    Star Trek has gone downhill- I will not see it
    9.20%
    I will see it only if forced
    6.90%
    What is Star Trek?
    3.45%
    I will wait until it comes out on Beta-Max
    1.15%
    I will only see it if it has bananas in it
    5.75%

/Sneers with full British contempt.
    Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

Wil Wheaton hosts a video game show now on "G4".
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

bump

trekkies and trekkers where are you?

There are dunebuggies in this film!! dunebuggies!! That has to make the film good.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
          Wil Wheaton hosts a video game show now on "G4".
          Something Awful ran an artcle on it a while back entitled "Space Nerd Wil Wheaton.
          "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Have the trekkers all seen the classic 'composition' where Picard orders Wesley's death. It is a few minutes made up of speech from loads of episodes, and some judicious artwork.......nerdy as hell, but very funny.

Comment

Picard, who the **** is Picard

Just one name James T. Kirk...
              googol... this is a number!
              "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
              "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

Nemesis looks very promising. I'll watch it the first day it gets here.
                Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Hopefully it will be decent. Which is the best I can hope for since every single one with the TNG crew has been downright awful.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ummmm, First Contact?

Everyone likes that one......it is great.

Comment

Have you people seen the 5 mn video from the movie. The site Ifilm.com, released some sneakpeaks that are really good. You see the first encounter between Schinzon and Picard, a battle scene between Ent-E and the Scimitar, and a verbal confrontation between Schinzon and Picard.

needless to say, I think Nemesis will kick-ass. I can't wait for dec 13th!
                      'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                      G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

How can you even be thinking of Star Trek when The Two Towers will be out in 3 weeks or so!

BTW, whay happened to Wheaton in the TV show?

Comment

Nemesis won't be released here till early 2003 So for now I can worry about LotR, and then move to Star Trek, and then The Matrix.
                          Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Yes, I remember hating Wesley as a kid. Good times :sniff:.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                              Ummmm, First Contact?

Everyone likes that one......it is great.

All of my trekie friends thought it sucked, including myself. (and having managed 100's of tech geeks, I have quite a few trekie friends) So if that's the one people hold up and say is the good one, that tells you what the rest of the series is like? At best you can hope for this one to be mediocre, so you can say it's the best one ever.

RAH
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X