No announcement yet.

Are you ready for some Football - Week 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I miss it going through this thread or didn't anyone comment on the low class celebration Sapp was doing?

That's one of the main reasons I hate the Bucs. Sapp is a total *******. You can't justify that, EVER! This is worse than the fans in Philly cheering when Irvin got hurt. Sapp hunted the person, waited until his back was turned and sucker punched him, and then as he lay motionless, celebrated! Any team with a person like that on it deserves to lose every game.

And McNabb is coming back for the playoffs, so maybe the Bucs might get beat by an old friend .

now outcoaches himelf by failing to look at the obvious history. EVERYONE KNOWS YOU STAY WITH THE HOT HAND!!

You do know that Warner passed for 300 yards and 2 TDs, right? And you do know they were 5 yards from winning it, right?

If there was no fumble, and the Rams won (say in OT) there would be none of this talk about Martz picking the wrong guy. NONE! It is totally unfair to have ONE play to decide if the person made a good or bad choice.

Oh, btw... Marshall Faulk was injured again, and the Rams had no one that rushed for over 40 yards. You try to win with a running game that anemic.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Well since it is after the fact... it's EASY to say he made the wrong choice, because they LOST It doesn't matter how or why... they just LOST! Like every other game that Warner has started this year
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Warner beats anything Chicago, or Dallas has to offer.
        Maybe Jones will deal for Warner. Or Maddox.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Greg Maddox is likely re-signed by the Braves. Glavin OTOH is going to either Phillies or Mets from what I heard.
          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

You do know that Warner passed for 300 yards and 2 TDs, right? And you do know they were 5 yards from winning it, right?

If there was no fumble, and the Rams won (say in OT) there would be none of this talk about Martz picking the wrong guy. NONE! It is totally unfair to have ONE play to decide if the person made a good or bad choice.
            1. Warner 0-5 now. I didn't say he was bad. But there's a big difference between winning a NFL game and winning the week's fantasy matchup.
            2. If he was the god you say, they never would have been in position to lose.
            3. This was the Redskins, Imran.

I think Martz may go down in history as the man who did the least, with the most talent, of any coach in modern NFL history. (Supplanting Ditka from that title, btw.)
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              You can't justify that, EVER! This is worse than the fans in Philly cheering when Irvin got hurt. Sapp hunted the person, waited until his back was turned and sucker punched him, and then as he lay motionless, celebrated! Any team with a person like that on it deserves to lose every game.

And McNabb is coming back for the playoffs, so maybe the Bucs might get beat by an old friend .
              Agreed 100% Imran. There is a code amongst professional players. NEVER EVER EVER Gloat about hurting another player.

Fans are allowed (albeit in a classless rowdy sense) but never a player.

Not that I would want even Sapp to get hurt but I sure wouldn't mind him or a few other classless individuals to get their head handed to them repeatedly until they gained a sense of perspective.
              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

I agree that Sapp was a jerk to gloat. I also think the Pack's coach was a jerk to mouth off about it. The hit was legal and fair.

Imran, you say Sapp "waited until his back was turned and sucker punched him." That's bull. When the ball turns over, anyone is fair game -- QBs included -- and defenders are taught to find someone and hit them.

Dude, this is a 300-pound-plus NFL lineman. If he's too stupid to defend himself on the football field, he WILL get hurt. (He's fine, btw.) No pity to a fallen warrior when it's a legal hit in the normal course of play.

At least Sapp went after a lineman and not Favre (who, btw, Sapp had a perfectly legal shot at on another INT runback but didn't headhunt).

Again, I agree Sapp is a jerk for gloating, but I suspect he was really just fired up over the game. I'd take a heady, talented 100%er like him on my team ANY TIME.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Yeah... I guess Sapp had to hit somebody during the game on a play like that... considering he didn't make ANY tackles or ANY sacks during any other play
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

It looked to me like Sapp jumped so that his helmet would stick the other guys earhole.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Only a Philly fan cheers the injury of a player.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I also think the Pack's coach was a jerk to mouth off about it.

He has a duty to protect his players. I'm with Sherman on this one. Sapp deserves to be fined.

That's bull. When the ball turns over, anyone is fair game -- QBs included -- and defenders are taught to find someone and hit them.

BS. You might hear this from commentators, but when the play is on the sideline and you pop someone in the middle of the field, that is dirty! And if he hit Farve instead of an OL, you bet he would have been suspended and fined big.

He went headhunting and that's wrong.

Btw, I gotta love this piling up on Warner. This really is a 'what have you done for me lately' league isn't it . He only has the highest passer rating in NFL history.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

As far as the St. Louis game, Martz blew it.

Not for Warner but, for not kicking the tying field goal and on the next play getting the fumble.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                            Only a Philly fan cheers the injury of a player.
                            Only New Orleans fans cheer when their own player is injured
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

I thought that was Cincy .

Comment

Don't you remember Mora's FAMOUS press conference where he is standing up there saying "That was just SICK" when the New Orleans fans started cheering when their awful quarterback got knocked out of a game.
                                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                                X