A good result in Blackburn last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rage
    You may believe that but a lot of people dont.
    and they are racist
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

• Then at least a half of the country is racist.

Comment

Then at least a half of the country is racist.
        Yes and it used to be 90% so its getting better. In 50 years time as long as the BNP and their like are treated with the contempt they deserve it will be around 10%
        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

Comment

• frankly that is all rubbish, but I would say anyone who starts off saying they are proud of our history are taking a selective view of it and are ignoring the bits which a) show the Uk to be a complete bastard and b) which shows the UK has always had alot of immigration.
          As as every country. But Britain as one of the proudest histories in he world. The positives far outweigh the negatives, Britain was on the top of the world for along time and to say your are not proud of that is an insult to all those that gave their time, effort and lives to make Britain great.

Comment

• Yes and it used to be 90% so its getting better. In 50 years time as long as the BNP and their like are treated with the contempt they deserve it will be around 10%
            In your view its getting better. As you have pointed out most of the country do not want to live in a multi cultural country yet they are being forced to by the govrnment they elect. Let the people decide whether they want any more immigrants let into the country.

Comment

As as every country. But Britain as one of the proudest histories in he world. The positives far outweigh the negatives, Britain was on the top of the world for along time and to say your are not proud of that is an insult to all those that gave their time, effort and lives to make Britain great.
              **** off, it is far more insulting to use the memories of dead people who, in WW2 anyway, fought for freedom, in an attempt to justify the policies of the racists and dictators we were fighting against. I am not proud of what was done 200 years ago, how can I be I didn't do it and nor did anyone alive today.

As for being on top of the world, so what, when we were we were not a proper democracy and treated people in their own countries disgracefully.

Comment

In your view its getting better. As you have pointed out most of the country do not want to live in a multi cultural country yet they are being forced to by the govrnment they elect. Let the people decide whether they want any more immigrants let into the country.
                I didn't say that, I agreed that it is fair to say 50% of people are uncomfortable in the company of people who have different colour skin. That is racisist albeit in a mild form.

virtually everyone agrees we should accept people whao are fleeing oppression, and the law is set up to administer this.

Comment

• virtually everyone agrees we should accept people whao are fleeing oppression, and the law is set up to administer this.
                  Yes, if the people fleeing from the opression come from one of our neigbouring countries. But some immigrants travel halfway around the world to get here and pass straight through dozens of countries where they will not be opressed. Britain should only take immigrants from places like Ireland, France, Belgium and Holland.

Comment

• Anyone from those countries can come and live in the UK freely anyway.

They don't need our help.
                    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

• We're back in a circle here, Rage. I find it perfectly understandable that people fleeing persecution might travel half-way around the globe to seek friends, family and communities that might help them. The Dublin Convention recognises this.

Your proposals would keep refugee problems firmly contained in the 3rd world, in immense refugee camps which (as your praise of certain BNP policies shows) you'd rather not see any British aid go to, regardless of the fact that a great deal of the "Great" in "Great Britain" resulted from wholescale pillage of such nations. To be blunt, you've show no concern as to whether they starve or die of cholera in their millions.

I guess I'm just not that callous. Nor am I stupid enough to believe that BNP victories are likely to bring good results.

Nor am I confused enough to keep confusing "immigrant" with "asylum seeker", incidentally. Or do you think all the Australian bar staff in the UK should be deported?
                      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• From that YBNP website mentioned before; a list of BNP 'goals'.

[q]A mass expansion of freedom and democracy to roll back the erosion of our traditional freedoms and truly reflect the wishes of the people; the adoption of popular referenda and hi-tech direct democracy.[q]

As with most questionable groups they use general terms like 'freedom' and 'democracy' without stating frankly that what they appear to want is more freedom for some than others.

The establishment of a government that puts British interests first.

**** that! What the hell is 'British'? Is the whole country even equal geographically? Scotland and the North of England get routinely raped while South East England benifits.

An end to immigration and the scandal of bogus asylum-seekers flooding Britain. The use of the billions now wasted in foreign aid to fund generous "Homeward Bound" schemes to encourage immigrants to return to their lands of origin.

Homeward bound schemes? Even for third and fourth generation ethnics? And what about those that have intermarried? Stop funding foreign aid? What the hell kind of idea is that, we the rich shouldn't give out of mercy to the poor?

British withdrawal from the European Union: trade with where it suits us but no political ties, and no monetary union.

**** that. You really think the EU would allow that? The UK has already ****ed them around over the EMU, what right has the UK to say it will take all the benifits of trade cooperation without fronting any of the costs. What makes the people of the UK any different from the people of Spain, Denmark or Portugal?

The use of the £1 million per hour we at present pay the E.U. to fund the restoration of an effective National Health Service and proactive measures to a healthier population in the first place.

See above.

British ownership and control of British industry and resources including the mass media.

Again what is 'British' and secondly... why? Industry perhaps but Media? Surely 'non-british' people have at the very least a VOICE.

Protection of British jobs and industry by the selective exclusion of foreign manufactured goods from the British market.

But from what was suggested earlier this presumably means the BNP does not believe that other countries will do the same. The UK does not have the resources to exist as a completely seperate entity and therefore it is foolish for us to say 'we will not allow X imports which makes Y country rich' because then Y country will just turn round and stop the imports into their land which are making the UK wealthier.

The introduction of tax incentives and other policies designed to ensure that the City finances British industry rather than foreign competitors.

And where are they going to get this magic money from? All the previous examples to do with costly policy had the BNP saying 'we will take this from that and but it to work on the next'. Foreign investment numbers well into the billions. Where is the government going to get this money from and why bother if it is strengthening the economy. Just so that there are no 'non-british interests' involved in industry?

Regeneration of British farming, with the object of achieving the maximum self-sufficiency in food; also the restoration of the fishing industry by protection of our traditional fishing grounds.

Protection how? With armed patrol boats?

A healthy environment for a healthy people -the protection of our countryside; a ban on Greenfield -site housing except in cases of genuine local need; an end to field trials of genetically modified crops.

Great. No green field sites. Cities will become even more delapidated but at least the country side ( which isn't actually doing anything for us ) will be fine.

A crack-down on crime and tougher treatment of criminals, including the return of the death penalty for child killers and terrorists.

'Child killer' and 'terrorist' remarks are a deliberate attempt to arouse passions by invoking images which have been in the media recently.

A return to traditional methods of education, with stronger discipline in the classroom and an end to the 'trendy' teaching methods which have failed our youth so badly.

Lots of spanking then? It's the youth of the country's job to do better. It's their parents to make them. Changing the education system to the harsh ways of yesteryear is a regression which only aim is 'passing-the-buck'.

An alternative defense strategy based on the principle of armed neutrality; no British blood should be shed in conflicts which do not involve vital British interests. The restoration of the County Regiment system and the reversal of defense cuts which have weakened our Armed Forces and cost thousands of jobs.

Yay! More military spending! Just what we ****ing need. Cause god knows how useful what they do is what without our enemies right on our doorstep and no allies. Um.... The County Regiment system? That was abolished after world war one because the male populations of whole towns were being wiped out in a single battle. Not only was it impractical but it was dangerous.

The crushing of the IRA and other terrorist groups, the termination of the Anglo-Irish agreement and the establishment of a devolved, non-sectarian parliament in Northern Ireland.

I see. And then what? Expansion into Ireland as 'living room'? What's the point of being rascist once you've exported everyone who isn't the same race as you. Surely the next step is either Anglo-Welsh-Scottish rascism or the expansion of what is 'British' in order for the 'British' people to get more land and enjoy their superiority. No?

A return to healthy moral values and policies aimed at strengthening the family and community. Tough penalties for corruption in public life.

Healthy moral values? You can't talk about healthy moral values one moment and then talk about cutting foreign aid the next. The policies of the BNP, even if we say they have a certain base practicallity to them, are inherently wrong. They favour groundless discrimination and an egocentric viewpoint for the country which stems from bottled up hatred and poorly thought-out policies.
                        A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

• As an immigrant* to the UK, this sums up my impression of the BNP.

The Few - Billy Bragg

At night the Baby Brotherhood and the Inter City Crew
                          Fill their pockets up with calling cards
                          And paint their faces red white and blue
                          Then they go out seeking different coloured faces
                          And anyone else that they can scare
                          And they salute the foes their fathers fought
                          By raising their right hands in the air
                          Oh look how my country's patriots are hunting down below
                          What do they know of England who only England know?

From the stands of the Empire Stadium
                          Come the heralds of the New Dark Age
                          With the simplicities of bigotry
                          And to whom all the world's a stage
                          These little John Bull****s know that the press
                          Will glorify their feats
                          So that the general public fear them
                          And the authorities say give 'em all seats
                          And the wasted seed of the bulldog breed
                          Is shouting here we go

Our neighbours shake their heads
                          And take their valuables inside
                          While my countrymen piss in the fountains
                          To express our national pride
                          And to prove to the world that England
                          Is just as rotten as she looks
                          They repeat the lies that caught their eyes
                          At school in history books
                          But the wars they think they're fighting
                          Were all over long ago
                          What do they know of England who only England know

And the society that spawned them
                          Just cries out Who's to blame?
                          And then wraps itself in the Union Jack
                          And just carries on the same
                          Oh look out, my country's patriots are hunting down below

* Of course, because I'm white, there'd be no question of me being repatriated.

Comment

Nobody ever defines a people by their eyes however the same can not be said about skin colour. As I said earlier whites and blacks feel more comfortable when they are with people of the same race-Can anyone truthfully deny that?
                            Of course we can because you continue to make the mistake of defining people by their skin tone. Frankly, its depends on the individual as to who they feel comfortable with and I can't say that the colour of someones skin makes a blind bit of difference to how we approach that.

What a sad sample of humanity you are Rage. I pity your blind predjudice and your inability to see people for what they are rather than the colour of their skin.

Just so everyone can understand this, I'll shout.

RAGE IS A RACIST

There you go, I said it for you. Do you feel better now?
                            (+1)

Comment

• There you go, I said it for you. Do you feel better now?
                              Yes much better, thank you

Comment

• Good. Glad to help
                                (+1)

Comment

Working...
                                X