This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Smartpants!
    “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

Once you start talking about GSEs...

So why the change? Just felt like something new?
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Because Roland got banned. Oh wait, that was the other way round....

No, just for t he postcount zero, or yes, maybe for change's sake... anyway, this is about the only interesting thread left at poly....

PS: I thought it was clear from a couple of earlier arguments and phrases who I am....
        “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

Roland got banned?

Re the PS, apparently the obvious escapes me.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

If I understood Ming's PM correctly the Roland login was not deleted but logged, so technically I assume Rollie is banned....

Comment

I thought it might be you.....then I changed my mind, because I didn't see you as the DL type. But if your other login got banned it makes sense I guess.

Are you going to tell us why you got banned? As far as I remember there is no law against irrational fed-hating.

Comment

I think you guys should cut DrSpike some slack, we are discussing his field for godsake. If we were talking about that silly law stuff then I think we could manage to let OstRoland wax a bit, or when bond markets come up, I get a little more rope than usual. I, for one, have found this topic to be very interesting - though the snowballs flying around have put me off more than a little.

Anyway. DanS mentioning Taylor getting a Fed post predates this article on Bloomberg from this morning...

11/22 11:21
                `Taylor Rule' Boosts Treasury Official's Fed Chances (Update1)
                By Brendan Murray and Simon Kennedy

Pittsburgh, Nov. 22 (Bloomberg) -- In November 1992, Stanford University economist John Taylor revolutionized the way central banks think about monetary policy. He also may have made himself a contender to be the next chairman of the Federal Reserve, economists say.

Be the bid!

Comment

I'm a little hung over - so, is Hershostropoler Roland or is he not?

Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                  Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                  Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

I thought W doesn't drink anymore?

Congrats on NATO and your BBB rating. Both should help your job a bit. Make sure you end up partnering with a decent global firm when the time comes for that.

Cheers!
                    Be the bid!

Comment

Sten:

"I think you guys should cut DrSpike some slack, we are discussing his field for godsake."

Well he said he puts the risk of the US being the next Japan at one third, but the Fed has made no mistakes according to him. Please. I've been critical of Greenspan since 1998, and been talking about the Japan scenario risk since 1999. Conventional economics has shown again and again to be freakin clueless about bubble economies, and our SpikeDr just has a very pompous way of being clueless.

Spike:

"As far as I remember there is no law against irrational fed-hating."

I don't care if you think my views are irrational, but never say I hate the Fed. Contempt is the word.

Comment

Originally posted by HershOstropoler
                        Sten:

"I think you guys should cut DrSpike some slack, we are discussing his field for godsake."

Well he said he puts the risk of the US being the next Japan at one third, but the Fed has made no mistakes according to him. Please. I've been critical of Greenspan since 1998, and been talking about the Japan scenario risk since 1999. Conventional economics has shown again and again to be freakin clueless about bubble economies, and our SpikeDr just has a very pompous way of being clueless.
                        As I recall there was a story involved with my 1/3, and the 1/3 itself was an upper bound on the probability......though it was a while ago. At any rate it was to stand in counterpoint to your alarmist views on the appropriate probability, which stood at 1/2 IIRC.

Comment

And I'm still at 50:50.

It is in no way alarmist. I started out with a few % likelihood back in 1999, but things got consistently worse. What were you thinking in 1999 ? Praising the glory of the new economy ?

Comment

Well I don't have a crystal ball, but I know what I think..........Time will tell who is right.

Comment

You need a crystal ball to know what you thought in 1999 ? That's ultra-economist....

Your 2003-2005 prediction ?

Comment

I am prepared to match my 2003-2005 forecasts against any that wish to participate.

Later though, I have to go pompously teach some future clueless people material written by the present day clueless.

Comment

Working...
                                X