Why terrorism against the US & the West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Can you cite a specific incident of government sponsored anti-semitism in the entire history of the US? Throughout much of our history people came here precisely to escape the general social climate of Europe. IIRC it was not legal for a jew to have a government position in the UK until late in the 19th century. Benjamin Disraelis found it convenient to convert to Anglicanism.
    What are you trying to say that if there was one incident of bigotry in my country at any point thats it all of the following generations are bigots.

I have heard about clutching at straws but this is pathetic.

and when you talk about the enrire history of the US.... you have only been around five minutes... and given the amount of equality and liberal tendancies towards peoples of African decent (yes we banned slavery before you imagine that), I`m not just talking about slavery but also infecting them with disease to see what happens [in the last 50 years], and lets not talk about the indiginous peoples of north America and how well you treated them. Since the beginning your country has been a fighting ground where different ethnic groups would abuse each other.

So leave the high and mighty attitude at the door. You want to believe everything your spoon fed great, but don`t chastise the rest of the world for viewing the facts and then making their minds up.

If there is a backward right wing country in the world it will probably be right outside which ever window you look out of.
    Cheese eating surrender monkees - Chris 62

BlackStone supporting our troops

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStone

What are you trying to say that if there was one incident of bigotry in my country at any point thats it all of the following generations are bigots.

I have heard about clutching at straws but this is pathetic.
      Your country has an anti-Semitic record that stretches back for centuries.

and when you talk about the enrire history of the US.... you have only been around five minutes... and given the amount of equality and liberal tendancies towards peoples of African decent (yes we banned slavery before you imagine that),
      Your country introduced slavery here. How many slaves were freed in England btw?

I`m not just talking about slavery but also infecting them with disease to see what happens [in the last 50 years], and lets not talk about the indiginous peoples of north America and how well you treated them. Since the beginning your country has been a fighting ground where different ethnic groups would abuse each other.
      While Britain has been a place where the English have abused everyone else for far longer.

So leave the high and mighty attitude at the door. You want to believe everything your spoon fed great, but don`t chastise the rest of the world for viewing the facts and then making their minds up.
      Oh the irony.
      He's got the Midas touch.
      But he touched it too much!
      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

To be fair to britain we abolished slavery far before the US.

And our policy to other people wasn't bigoted, we traeted everone badly

It seems slightly ridiculous to argue over whose great great granparents were more elightened

Anti semitism is condemed in the UK as it in the US theese dyas that is what counts.
        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
        Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Stinger

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
          X