Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only decent moment in that match was Carling chipping your fullback and gathering for the try (before Lomu then dropped on him and squashed him flat)
    It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Originally posted by Caligastia
      I see I'm not the only one still traumatised by the '95 RWC.
      What should I say about this World Cup ? I vividly remember the semi-final against SA when France was refused a perfectly valid try and the Springboks repetedly crumbled all the scrums when the french were just a few meters away from the try line and pushing to score the try that would have led to victory.

"Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamerlin

What should I say about this World Cup ? I vividly remember the semi-final against SA when France was refused a perfectly valid try and the Springboks repetedly crumbled all the scrums when the french were just a few meters away from the try line and pushing to score the try that would have led to victory.

Maybe if they had beaten the Boks then the AB's wouldn't have been food-poisoned.

Sorry South Africans, but the Springboks did not deserve to win that competition. Everyone who watched it knows that the All Blacks were the best team of that tournament.
        ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
        ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• Everyone who watched it knows that the All Blacks were the best team of that tournament.
          You mean the French, don't you?
          I hope that welsh referee still has the trinket offered him by that SARFU silly leader whose name I forgot. You know, the one who pleased aussies and kiwis alike by saying stuff like "the prior WC's weren't world cups because we were not there, so they are not worth ours"... Was Lyut or Luyt his name?
          Clash of Civilization team member
          (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
          web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

• Originally posted by LDiCesare

You mean the French, don't you?
            No, I'm pretty sure I said "All Blacks".

I hope that welsh referee still has the trinket offered him by that SARFU silly leader whose name I forgot. You know, the one who pleased aussies and kiwis alike by saying stuff like "the prior WC's weren't world cups because we were not there, so they are not worth ours"... Was Lyut or Luyt his name?
            Oh God, don't remind me of that *****...
            ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
            ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• Originally posted by Caligastia Everyone who watched it knows that the All Blacks were the best team of that tournament.

Tsss! Tsss! Tsss!

I think LDiCesare is right, but we will never know !

I didn't remember the SARFU offered a big present to the referee.
              "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

The priorities you are talking about is a common trait of the Latin countries France belongs to though Italia and Spain are perhaps best defending their way of life than we do.

Mais pour combien de temps encore...
                Pour toujours!

At least the French are - or were - looking after their language, fighting off the creeping, insidious anglicisations.
                " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar
                  Pour toujours!
                  I hope so...

At least the French are - or were - looking after their language, fighting off the creeping, insidious anglicisations.
                  This is still the case though the young generations do not have much respect for the french language and often use english words they seldom understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Journeyman

(And that’s no slight on the loudmouth, I am pretty sure he’s not Italian despite the flag next to his name )
                    Actually thats not the Italian flag. Those are Havaks team colours - borne as a mark of respect no doubt.
                    *flees in anticipation of the coming storm*

Comment

• No, I'm pretty sure I said "All Blacks".
                      Though of course you meant “All Whites”. Only one man made a difference in the game between us – outside of that the amateur England team thoroughly outplayed the long established Professional (in every sense) ABs.

Yes indeed it is time to open an old chestnut again now the internationals are over.
                      Capitalise that horrible expression please? And drop the s or add the ‘ too please?
                      Now I’m for it from a writer.
                      English gets a bit of a bum deal do you not think? It’s a complex, evolving and rich language with amazing subtleties and a usefully rich tapestry of profanities.
                      It is not our fault the US of A took it as it’s own and strangled it!

Actually that is not the Italian flag. Those are Havaks team colours - borne as a mark of respect no doubt.
                      My respect to you sir. Despite the fact my club pre-dates the current Italian flag by seventy odd years Finbar never accepted that they infringed our intellectual property here.

When we formed our club colours the Italians still had an ugly royal heraldic shield in the middle of theirs.

The flag was ours first I tell you!

It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

This is still the case though the young generations do not have much respect for the french language and often use english words they seldom understand.
                        Beat them with sticks, Tamerlin, beat them with sticks!
                        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by ravagon
                          *flees in anticipation of the coming storm*
                          More ducks in barrels, more ducks in barrels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak
                            Though of course you meant “All Whites”.
                            I assumed he meant the "All Whites" - which is to say, the New Zealand S***** team.

to open an old chestnut
                            Metaphorically speaking, in a mixed sense.

Capitalise that horrible expression please?
                            I made up the word - as it were - but, yes, it probably should be capitalised.

And drop the s or add the ‘ too please?
                            Non capisco.

Now I’m for it from a writer.
                            Not at all. A pupil oftens learns from questioning the master.

English gets a bit of a bum deal do you not think? It’s a complex, evolving and rich language with amazing subtleties and a usefully rich tapestry of profanities.
                            'Tis. It's just that several other languages - French and Italian, in particular - are so much more melodic.

It is not our fault the US of A took it as it’s own and strangled it!
                            I'll overlook the errant apostrophe to point out that it was your forefathers who lost control of the place thus unleashing c-e-n-t-e-r and h-a-r-b-o-r and their ilk on the world.

My respect to you sir. Despite the fact my club pre-dates the current Italian flag by seventy odd years Finbar never accepted that they infringed our intellectual property here.

When we formed our club colours the Italians still had an ugly royal heraldic shield in the middle of theirs.

The flag was ours first I tell you!
                            Suck on this -

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar
                              Beat them with sticks, Tamerlin, beat them with sticks!
                              I can only do it with my kid, the other parents are stupidly overprotective.

Comment

I can only do it with my kid, the other parents are stupidly overprotective.
                                But I'm sure your kid respects the French language and sneers at all linguistic interlopers.

Comment

Working...
                                X