No announcement yet.

How would you organise Iraq's defences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once he no longer is in power in Baghdad, the regime has been changed. Simple.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS
      Once he no longer is in power in Baghdad, the regime has been changed. Simple.
      Yeah, tell that to the Lublin government in 1945.
      After all, the other Poles were in London! Obviously out of power. Simple, no?

If Saddam lives and goes to another state with a bunch of government ministers, and set up a ogvernment in exile, this make the life of any US placed regime more difficult, as such a regime in exile creates a magnet for oppostion (as I said before). Come on DanS, I took you for someone more sophisticated than that answer impeis. Maybe i was wrong.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• You're making this way too complicated. Don't outthink the situation.

The reigns of power in Iraq revolve primarily around oil production. Saddam has enhanced this power with a reign of terror and a propaganda machine.

Take away permanently those levers of power, and Saddam is no more dangerous than a street thug.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• One can't possibly out-think the situation:

Power in Iraq is not based on whom controls the Oil: it is based on ethnic and relegious cliques. This wan true before Oil production became central to Iraq, and it is true today as well. Saddam represent a clique form the Sunni Arab center. Any trully democratic goverment will have to give greater weight to Shia concern in the state. An exiled Sunni government might create political problems.

Don't oversimplify what is an immensely complex issue.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• this sounds like fun....
            Although I will admit, being Saddam Hussein would be a tough Job once the war got started, but here it goes.

WW II russian style pill boxes, you know the ones set up to shoot retreaters?

Massive propoganda to my own people. Spread word of mouth rumors about a city I have blocked off and cut off all telecommunication with. Say 4 errant daisy cutters killed 3000 Iraqi civilians. This is to make my people fear the U.S.

Air strikes will be less common than GW I due to distance of air Bases. No more Saudi Arabia.

Loyal units out front. Hopefully they can inflict casualties to show the weaker units, and break the myth of American invincibility.

Paint an old destroyed mig flat black, and send pieces of it to varioous regiments. Tell the generals it was a stealth Fighter shot down.

Give Iraqis underwear, towels and sheets that look like the Iraqi flag. That way they wont have any white flags.

Have secret operatives plant thousands of scorpions and other deadly desert creatures in camps. It is very quiet, but could be really demoralizing to Americans trying to be comfortable in the desert. Try and get these in the less secure auxillary and logistics camps.

Take down all the street signs.

Paint false doors and windows on walls, and decoy, decoy, decoy.

Set up false Hum Vee shells to appear as American wreckeage. It may cause confusion for the Americans, who would be foolish enough to try and find out where ther american comrades were, and what unit was this hum vee was from.

Shave my moustache. I'll put on a fake one when rallying my troops or giving orders.

Attacking Israel = nuclear attack... no.

the rest I can't tell you about, because I've had 11 years. And the first time I didn't really think George would attack. I've been building my empire underground and away from surveillance. I have tricks up my sleeve.
            Pentagenesis for Civ III
            Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
            Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

Working...
            X