This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rugby - The Ball's Out!

Here you go finbar, dont say I never do anything for you.
    ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Did Finbar threated you Caligastia ?
    Did he promised something ?

"Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Nah, I just felt like being nice.

Comment

www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Havak
          Well I want to see how the Boks perform in November but one has to remember they finished last in the tri-nations and, on both world rankings and recent years results (we have lost three matches in 24 months IIRC) we are the better side. I expect us to win the group – failure to do so would be a major surprise to me.
          Also there should be plenty of motivation to win the group considering that the runner-up has to play NZ.

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia

Also there should be plenty of motivation to win the group considering that the runner-up has to play NZ.
            That's precisely what he's packing his daks about.
            " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
            "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamerlin
              Did Finbar threated you Caligastia ?
              Did he promised something ?

I promised not to call him Jeb again.
              " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
              "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

I see the Forum's resident Manx fan (who has the double misfortune to be a soccer fan resident in Wales) felt the need to drop by and leave his job description?

Excellent news, Geordan Murphy (the Irish speedster) is fit and being given a run at fullback tomorrow (he normally plays wing).

The lads speed and intelligence adds a real extra edge to our back line.

Cause for Havak to celebrate.

By the way Caligastia we know we probably have to beat NZ at some point but I would muhc rather it be in the final.

And Finbar - I asked my associates about the L***** lad we signed, Gareth Raynor, and he is actually injured. They reckon he has great potential as he is quick and also, suprisingly, intelligent too.
                Last edited by Havak; October 18, 2002, 10:23.
                It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

Originally posted by Havak
                  he is ... also, suprisingly, intelligent too.
                  Why else did he quit that other game?

Speaking of mental pygmies, though, Wendell Sailor did something to his knee during training the other day. A race against time to be fit for the tour. Frankly, I hope he doesn't make the tour, takes his athleticism back to that other game, and lets someone else who can actually do more than run at high speed and break tackles make the tour.

PS. I notice Graeme Bond is debuting for Sale against Glasgow this weekend. I look forward with great interest to seeing how he goes.
                  Last edited by finbar; October 18, 2002, 11:14.

Comment

I should catch the highlights on Sunday. Will let you know my thoughts.

Great opening line to your post by the way.

I saw the Sailor news but didn't think it worth mentioning - I can't see his absence affecting you negatively. May well improve the kicking game?
                    It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

finbar you should be proud, I actually managed to resist creating a new thread till after the 500th post!

The RWC will be very interesting as either England, SA or NZ will not make it past the pool playoff stage. I think it will probably be SA, but England is not out of the question either...

Im looking forward to watch the Auckland v Canterbury NPC semi-final game tonight. I had to tape it last night

Comment

Caligasta, I won't spoil the score for you, if you don't know

I've got my tickets to Waikato vs. Otago NPC semi-final. Should be entertaining. Can't wait for the Final

Got the Mooloos

Comment

Originally posted by redbull
                          Caligasta, I won't spoil the score for you, if you don't know
                          Thanks, I appreciate it.

I've got my tickets to Waikato vs. Otago NPC semi-final. Should be entertaining. Can't wait for the Final

Got the Mooloos

I will be very suprised if Waikato dont get to the final. Hopefully it'll be an all North Island final.

Comment

Same here. Otago haven't looked incredible this season. Solid, but not incredible.

Comment

who has the double misfortune to be a soccer fan resident in Wales

Wales just beat Italy!
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X