No announcement yet.

Bomb in Finnish shopping centre - 7 dead and ~80 injured

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i know im ignorant of finnish politics and splinter groups but who in finland would want to do such a thing?
    Mannekommarisivarihomonallet?

To be serious, I have no idea at all.
    Previous speculations we're that an invididual gas canister could've caused a chain
    reaction near the gas cylinders of the mall. Seems like the mall doesn't have gas cylinders.

Police and politicians are now saying that all marks are now indicating that it was a bomb.

Hmmfh. :|

Comment

I have no idea who could have committed the act. My guess is that it's a lone nut, acting on no other grounds than his own psychopathy.
      "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
      "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

I bet my money on a lonely nut too.
        It's very hard to establish any other believable motive for such attack. In few hours the cops are giving more info.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Who will want to blow stuff up in Finland?
          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Behold the mini-map... Finland is part of the Skåne!

Shamelessly ripped from Iltalehti:

Comment

Eli: some lone nut

Tuomerehu: that explosion must have been quite powerful since the whole Vantaa seems to have been relocated to Tavastia

Comment

Eli: some lone nut

Time will tell.
                "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Seems more like a lone nut now. They said it was a 'nail bomb'. Poweful bomb with nails and stuff flying wild in the air. Doesn't sound like a terrorist. But more like a crazy person who had some serious problems.
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Sorry, it was not a nail bomb, it was built in a simular way. I don't know what materials they used in it to fly around hurting people.
                    In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                      Seems more like a lone nut now. They said it was a 'nail bomb'. Poweful bomb with nails and stuff flying wild in the air. Doesn't sound like a terrorist. But more like a crazy person who had some serious problems.
                      Most of the bombs blown up by suicide bombers in Israel were filled with nails and small metall balls.

Whoever did this wanted to cause as much injuries and deaths as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                        Sorry, it was not a nail bomb, it was built in a simular way. I don't know what materials they used in it to fly around hurting people.
                        Well, decide already.

Inside the bomb, were there small objects designed to maximize the damage caused by the bomb or not?

Comment

Tell me your source while you're at it.

Comment

Yeah, I mean a nail bomb, but not including nails. They were filled with.. what you call the munition for shotguns.. those 'balls' anyway. Nasty one.
                            In da butt.

Comment

Tuomerehu: that explosion must have been quite powerful since the whole Vantaa seems to have been relocated to Tavastia
                              Old joke.
                              Watch we're BBC has placen Finland on the Europe map, and you'll see a new one.
                              Last edited by RGBVideo; October 12, 2002, 07:29.

Comment

Possibility: lone environmentalist nut? I mean, environmentalist nut could be seen to have *some* slight motive of bombing a shopping mall, rampant consumerism and all that...
                                "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                                "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Working...
                                X