No announcement yet.

Madrid More Livable than New York!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It ranks up there with Abidjan as an important world city.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

this is a list of cities in where expatriates are better off.

it says nothing about the quality of life or whatever.

it propably has to do with thigs like

_amount of xenophobia
      _welcoming facilities for immigrants
      _job market

etc
      etc

Comment

Ripon, now that is important
        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
        Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by JCG
          I'd agree that Madrid was much more livable than New York...until I learned a few things this week.

Madrid now can go to where the sun doesn't shine, AFAIK.
          Can you explain your problem, please?
          "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
          "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
          The Spanish Civilization Site
          "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger
            Ripon, now that is important
            I've been to Ripon once!
            Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
            Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Birdseed

I've been to Ripon once!
              That's about a 15 minute drive from here!
              What?

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                this is a list of cities in where expatriates are better off.
                Not sure about other cities, but definitely very true here.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Birdseed

I've been to Ripon once!
                  i went out drinking there once, every pub had squaddies or farmers looking menaciingly at you
                  Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                  Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Port Moresby is one of the top 150 important cities in the world?
                    no. I said 150 important cities, not the 150 most important cities. And for the country Port Moresby is in, it is important.
                    Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Yeah, but is the country Port Moresby is in particularly important? How many people do you know who have to go to Papua New Guinea on business?

Now Hull, that is important

Perhaps Birmingham should have been on that list as well, it would have made Port Moresby feel quite proud of itself
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I thought Birmingham was destroyed in that quake.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Toronto's #4! Montreal is twice as bad to live in (#8) and Calgary is four times as bad (#16).
                          Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
                            I thought Birmingham was destroyed in that quake.
                            Just wishful thinking Even if Birmingham had been destroyed in the earthquake, would anyone have been able to tell the difference?
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Marcus
                              no. I said 150 important cities, not the 150 most important cities. And for the country Port Moresby is in, it is important.
                              Oh, so it's not the top 150, but some randomly selected cities from the "important" list.

I am sure Port Moresby is very important to the people in PNG, just like Perth is important to the citizens there.

Hm, so that means every city is important.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Marcus

doesn't work that way. it's not a study of the 150 best cities in the world, it's a study of 150 important cities in the world. Port Moresby isn't the 150th best city in the world, it's just the worst city of those that have been studied.
                                If it ranked cities by importance, I think New York would be just a little higher. Amybe i missnderstood you tho.
                                "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                                - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                                Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X