No announcement yet.

Madrid More Livable than New York!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take it from someone who has lived there 18 years of his live,New York is very livable, if you happen to have money coming out of your bunghole. For the rest of us, I'd suggest avoid moving there if possible.
    ku eshte shpata eshte feja
    Where the Sword is, There lies religion

Comment

I have never been there, but I still can't see them making as much money as the businesses in Las Vegas. We also have the illegal sex industry where I live. And those whores charge very high prices- not that I'd know... I'm too poor.
      Monaco is the Las Vegas for the insanely wealthy.

Also, if you want a big and lively sex industry, come to Amsterdam. also rated high than New York btw.
      Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Well cities like London are going to rank very low because of the sheer cost of living there. Hence I am not very keen on the idea of moving to London because I would need to earn a lot of money to live well. Manchester is considerably cheaper and has the employment opportunities as well, but it is the crime that is it's downside (I'm used to the weather, although this side of the country is dryer)
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Let's see: I'm an ex-patriate Vancouverite who moved to New York.

That's right: from #1 to #55.
          What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Comment

Awww, well I currently live in Hull (not ranked). I am looking at moving to Manchester, not London. It is a cost of living thing. I can have a better standard of living in a city that is large enough to effectively have the same facilities. It's all about balancing out what you want...
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

You're right. London and New York are tough to live in without a substantial amount of coin in your pocket. Though if you're a museum buff, both cities are pretty hard to beat. I go to MoMA and the Met a lot and would truly miss them if I moved.

And London has the Tate! Manchester has ... Oasis' elementary school? Not quite the same.

Comment

Why the focus on Madrid?
                CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by - Groucho -
                  And London has the Tate! Manchester has ... Oasis' elementary school? Not quite the same.
                  The Lowry, Museum of Science and Industry, Imperial War Museum North, Urbis...and the Tate Gallery North is only 35 miles away in Liverpool
                  Speaking of Erith:

Comment

whew - I seem to have guessed right on Oasis.

I've never been to Manchester - what is it like?

Comment

Well I couldn't really describe it as I don't live there myself. You'd be best checking a website, which is, erm, use Google or something
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

but you want to move there, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf
                          Why the focus on Madrid?
                          Yea, the fact that Paris is even higher should be more worrying

Go Amsterdam!

Comment

Bah! Where's Peterborough? Apparently we're a well known city, because of all the hockey players the Pete's offer (guess where Gretzky played his first two semi-professional games).
                            Not to mention we have one of the best 'Primarily Undergraduate' Universities, Trent U. And we're also the place where a LOT of money and supprt are raised for the Terry Fox Run.

Oh well, at least Canada got a lot of high ranking cities on that list.
                            I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Peterborough is in Cambridgeshire...
                              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

No, not the original Peterborough. Peterborough, Ontario. the home of the Peterborough Pete's.

I guess I should've clarified.....there's also a Ptbo. in New England and Australia.
                                I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Working...
                                X