Madrid More Livable than New York!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

84. Tianjin, China
    From here on down may be 'nice' places to live, but really, does anyone have any desire to live in China or Peru or Vietnam or somethn? That is one major flawin this ranking system, they didnt seem to take into account the conditions of the country in which a city is located, among other factors.
    I mean, I live in San Antonio, a pretty crappy place - poor, high crime rate, fat (i think we were rated the 3rd fattest city in the US, after Philodelphia and some other, but i dont recall), etc, etc, but I would much rather live here than any place in Vietnam or.... oh ..... my .... god... how da hell did this happen?!?!?!

105. Mexico City, Mexico
    Kman
    "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
    - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
    Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Marcus
      look at the top 10 (or 8)

Europe: 7
      Australia: 6
      Canada: 3

USA: 0
      Japan: 0
      Australia 5

Austria does not equal Australia
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Calgary is only 16th? Pfft.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Kramerman

From here on down may be 'nice' places to live, but really, does anyone have any desire to live in China or Peru or Vietnam or somethn?
          I recall someone from apolyton living in Shanghai China....
          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I'd agree that Madrid was much more livable than New York...until I learned a few things this week.

Madrid now can go to where the sun doesn't shine, AFAIK.
            DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

Sydney made it into the top 8!
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

NY is a very unlivable city.

34. Atlanta, Georgia

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

You're proud of that?
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

34th in the world for expatriates? Yeah, I'm proud of that .
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

34 is a lot. Count it out.

Comment

Out of what, like 1 billion cities in the world? In that aspect 16 and 34 is statistically insignificant.

Comment

How to Lie with Statistics 101
                          Required reading in Law, I'd bet.

Comment

Just because you can't admit it does mean it isn't true .

Comment

1 Billion cities in the world?

Come on Imran, I realize you're in law but surely you have the logic and math skills to laugh at that number?

Comment

Um... it was an exaggeration, I did say 'like 1 billion'. I'm sorry, I didn't realize you never exaggerate numbers, Windows boy .

The fact is that 16 and 34 related to all cities in the world is statisically insignificant. Of course it is closer to 1,000,000 cities in the world, just change the underlying fact.

Comment

Working...
                                X