Quick map for the new EU members.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bitter?

not really, bit irritated by the whole 'EU good' - 'all else BAD' stance (it is so in my countries media)

EU is not all bad, and we are not all that lousy. people here look to EU to solve all our problems, and EU looks down on us as some third world middle-of nowhere

I d expect more vigour from west europe to help east europe, we had 50 years of social experiments while you enjoyed capitalism and democracy

Comment

You forgot the Ukraine... the losers who glow in the dark...
      "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
      George Orwell

Comment

We kill baby seals too. I demand instant reconition as a baby seal-killing nation.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

What about Switzerland? Now that's a bunch of losers.

It's not even a real country! They make clocks and have lots of evil nazi banks. Their flag sucks too.
          CSPA

Comment

Croatia in the EU!

Comment

...so poor greece is rich by comparison

...so economicaly ****ed great depression would be the golden age (what, 30% unemployment? that must be the decade low point)

...so politicaly impotent we cant get basic stuff right
              elections? like politics will change anything

...so corrupt, that well in civ terms, capital is somwhere on saturn

...so desperate that NATO is a great thing to join
              You could have stayed into the Yugoslav Union...
              ...losers.

(Not that it's not Serbia's fault too, but they have proven themselves to be correct in insisting that Yugoslavia should remain intact. Of course the terms under which this should be is an other discussion.)
              George Orwell

Comment

I read a good saying from a Slovenian

"Serbs never understood the big truth: if we are brothers, it doesnt mean our wallets are sisters"

Comment

they divided you up and conquered you, you dopes

bah!

Comment

You newbies all realise the Irish could f*ck you over at the drop of a ballot, if they vote NO to the Nice treaty?

There's 4 million of them holding 75 million of you to ransom...
                    yada

Comment

they'll vote in favor, just get them drunk.

hehehe.

Comment

Luxemburgians coud do the same and they're only 300.000(more or less)

After the expansion, there will be even more minor states to veto sth... that's nice.
                        George Orwell

Comment

the decision making process will change (as roughly scetched in the Nice Treaty) before they enter.

Otherwise this process would grind to a halt.

Comment

I think the Irish are the only ones who have a constitutional requirement to hold a referendum on each major EU treaty they sign.

But I work for an Irish firm. For a negotiable fee I can attempt to persuade my colleagues of the virtues of EU enlargement...
                            yada

Comment

Seneca, stop that! You should do it because you truely and wholeheartedly believe in the virtues and ideals of the common european familiy.

(how much do you want?)

Comment

Five pounds.

No wait! Six.

wonders if his untrammeled greed has led to him over-playing his hand
                                yada

Comment

Working...
                                X