Are You Ready for Some Football - Week 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ming
    Well FC... If they don't beat Detroit...

Gotta hit below the belt, eh? Well, all I have to say is that Urlacher (sp?) is going down!
    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
    *****Citizen of the Hive****
    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by frankychan
      Gotta hit below the belt, eh? Well, all I have to say is that Urlacher (sp?) is going down!
      Well yeah... He is going down... Right on top of opposing QB's...
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

We'll see.
        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
        Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
        *****Citizen of the Hive****
        "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          Did Vick get hurt?
          Yep... non-throwing shoulder.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Let's see Tampa do that against a decent team.
            So I guess, despite all of the stars they still have, the fact that Warner was still around, and that they hadn't truly gotten their butts kicked so far this season until this week (without Warner), the Rams are no longer a "decent" team in your eyes. I'll have to remember how quickly you jumped off the bandwagon.

Vick, a 2nd year QB still working out the kinks, and then he gets knocked out and Doug Pederson is the QB. Oooh, very convincing.
            The facts that you seem to have conveiently forgotten:

1. Prior to being knocked out, Vick had a grand total of 37 yards passing. The Falcons as a whole weren't near 100 yards total offense yet. That's pathetic, and it had more to do with our defense than the Falcons offense being bad.

2. Every one of our INT's came after Vick got knocked out - three INT's in a quarter and a half. That's inexcuseable, even for a journeyman quarterback. And the key touchdown wasn't Brooks'...

3. Atlanta was coming off a bye and should have been as prepared as they were possibly going to be.

Before that freak Defensive TD, the score was 13-6. Total Domination indeed. To contend they are going to have to find an offense. First Keyshawn was going to bring them an offense, then Brad Johnson, and now Gruden. When will people realize that Tampa just CAN'T get a good offense in there?
            Let's see... 260 passing yards overall, the ability to strike from long distance (Keyshawn's key touchdown), a passable running game... the offense is doing enough. At this point, there's no way you can argue that it's been a liability like it has been in previous years. And the offense is only going to get better as the season progresses and the Bucs figure out Gulf Coast even more. It's on the way - stop the bashing.

And the Jets might win one. Pennington has played well for them so far... 77% completion percentage... wow! And Martin is going to give me some points .
            I almost think the choke happened against my MVP pick because of your ill-advised comments
            CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
            Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
            Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
            Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

If GB win tonight, I'll be the top picker for this week...

Of course now I've just gone and jinxed myself!
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

:argh: My fantasy team seems to be following the same course as the Pats...3-0 and then 3-2 =\

Comment

Damn!

I bench Keyshaw, and he has his longest TD catch ever!
                  I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                  i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS
                    If GB win tonight, I'll be the top picker for this week...

Of course now I've just gone and jinxed myself!
                    GB's gonna lose

Comment

Originally posted by Chris 62
                      Damn!

You trust the Sandbox score at the moment?
                      I might as well just save you all the trouble... Ming is a bastard, Ming es un bastardo, Ming est un bâtard, Ming è un bastardo, Mingus bastardus est, Ming ist ein Mistkerl, Ming jest bêkartem, Ming är en horunge, Ming korcs, O Ming ine bastarthos, Ming on rakastajani...
                      and if you don't understand any of these... Ming. Bastard is he. yesssss.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris 62
                        Damn!

See? Bad karma all around!

(J/K, Chris.)
                        CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                        Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                        Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                        Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Originally posted by walruskkkch
                          You trust the Sandbox score at the moment?
                          No... it will change again... but at least I can now see ANY score. Haven't been able to access it since yesterday afternnoon before the evening prime time. late last night and early this afternoon, the "game was not available"... sigh...
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

In my matchup, it comes down to me having Donald Driver against the Chicago kicker.
                            I think I'm 4-5 points behind .
                            SURELY to God, Driver can out gun the Bears kicker.
                            Wouldn't you think?

Oh yeah. I haven't said Sandbox is sucking here today.
                            Well, Sandbox is sucking.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                              Owens= 7 catches, 89 yds.
                              To borrow from an avatar, that makes me feel like

You are welcome!

Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I'll have to remember how quickly you jumped off the bandwagon.

I don't jump on and off bandwagons like yourself . I simply know teams that are good and those that are not.

It is evident that the Rams are not a decent team this year.

Prior to being knocked out, Vick had a grand total of 37 yards passing. The Falcons as a whole weren't near 100 yards total offense yet. That's pathetic, and it had more to do with our defense than the Falcons offense being bad.

What part of Vick being a 2nd year QB trying to get the kinks worked out don't you understand?

2. Every one of our INT's came after Vick got knocked out - three INT's in a quarter and a half. That's inexcuseable, even for a journeyman quarterback. And the key touchdown wasn't Brooks'...

With dilution of talent, you can't tell me you have not seen backup QBs who have sucked ass, even as bad as Pederson did yesterday (remember Pederson... he was the Packers starter in '89!!). Not every backup is Kelly Holcomb.

Let's see... 260 passing yards overall, the ability to strike from long distance (Keyshawn's key touchdown), a passable running game... the offense is doing enough. At this point, there's no way you can argue that it's been a liability like it has been in previous years. And the offense is only going to get better as the season progresses and the Bucs figure out Gulf Coast even more. It's on the way - stop the bashing.

Oh wow, 260 yards passing . If it wasn't for that 70+ yard pass to Keyshawn, which would have been prevented if the safety stayed back on that play, you have 190 yards.

Furthermore, you do ONLY that on an average defense like Atlanta shows that Tampa's offense is still horrid. And looking over at Oakland, it seems Gruden WASN'T the offensive genius.... it's Bill Callahan.

almost think the choke happened against my MVP pick because of your ill-advised comments

Martin? Your MVP pick?
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X