No announcement yet.

You are not your aderol.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shocker, i know rj, but they were taking it long before they met me...
    "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

And they admit this to you, or is it just something you know?

Comment

well, both, depending...
        "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

i would esitmate that 30-40% of the girls i hang out with on a regular basis

How many is that? 3 or 4 out of 10, or even 30 or 40 out of a hundred, doesn't mean much statistically. Have you talked to any psychologists/chiatrists about each of these girl's mental condition? Even then things get misdiagnosed, depression and other mental illnesses are far too complex, and often hidden from public view, to just tell from looking at a person. Just talking to them won't show it either if they don't feel comfortable enough to share.

HOLY LORD...what are you people doing to me?!?! quit changing the subject. all that is irrelevant. The point of this whole freakin post was DON'T TAKE THINGS TO SERIOUSLY. Choose to be happy when the option is available. Many times, it is a choice you can make...
          Just realize that ~20% of people don't have that option, or don't to some extent (whether to be happy or sad or whatever).

Comment

Some antidepressants are useful for other conditions. Paxil is now the drug of choice for social anxiety disorder. The SSRIs (Zoloft, Paxil, Prozac, Celexa) are the drugs of choice for a wide variety of anxiety disorders. They are even used occasionally to treat ADHD, as are the older class of antidepressants. The SSRIs are also used to treat the symptoms of PMS, something that many teenage girls suffer from.

Treating the behavioral and conduct disorders of childhood and adolescence is even less precise and more fluid than treating the conditions I mentioned above. Most psychiatrists adopt a trial and error approach to treating them.

Perhaps Kaak is attending a "special" school where one would expect a higher than normal incidence of behavioral disorders. Perhaps there has been an epidemic of PMS at Kaak's school. Perhaps Kaak simply attracts chics with PMS, ADHD, depression, social anxiety, or a combination of the above.
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
            X