You are not your aderol.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are not your aderol.

Choice dictates life. You make a conscious decision to be happy or to be sad. You are not plagued or oppressed. Everything will, infact, be alright. You are not your aderol; you are not your zoloft. You are living, thinking human with the ability to control your emotions. You do not need chemicals, and you don't need narcotics. Life is binary. Every action has two equal and opposite reactions, which are polar. You can choose the negative, or you can choose the positive. Either way, you make a choice.
    "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Re: You are not your aderol.

Originally posted by Kaak
    Every action has two equal and opposite reactions, which are polar.
    what a crock of sh!t!

Comment

reds: emotional reactions. you get to choose between them.
      "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Kaak: they are not black and white, shades of grey

Comment

i didn't say they were black and white, only positive or negative, to whatever degree

Comment

i stand by my original post, every action has more than 1 reaction, very few of which are polar! ;o)

Comment

i'm sure you prefer bipolar

Comment

Originally posted by Kaak
                i'm sure you prefer bipolar
                hey, its 10am over here, cut me SOME slack!

Comment

Actually, I would argue that you are your zoloft. We are watery bags filled with a mix of interesting chemicals. Organic machines built of flesh and bone, protein and suger. Why deny that to be human is to be the sum result of trillions of tiny electo-chemical signals jumping across one fatty neuron to another?
                  Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                  -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Wutang! Nothing I like more than seeing another Ask the Amateur Clinical Psychologist thread.
                    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

You can control your emotions? That's a nifty trick.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

For my next trick, I will drink strychnine and not die, because it's all about will-power. Idiot!
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

He's been watching too many Vulcans on Star Trek
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

trying to reason your emotions is like your arms trying to will your legs to move. It's not going to happen. Your emotions are simply more basic and more of a foundation of your mind then rationality is. In fact, without emotion, your ability to reason becomes impaired. Trust me, there are enough bipolar depressives in my family to gain some understanding on the subject, and I can tell you it's not possible to reason depression or mania away for that matter.
                            ku eshte shpata eshte feja
                            Where the Sword is, There lies religion

Comment

you are wrong, i promise you. It isn't actually all that hard of a thing to do. I can't tell you the last time is was actually mad. I've gotten some pretty freakin bad news recently, and I didn't let it upset me. And as for drinking strictnine, i'm not sure how acoiding a chemical reaction that will make you die is anything like controlling your emotions

Comment

Working...
                              X