killings in montogmery county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alarming...
    Propably someone has seen Dirty Harry a couple of times too often.
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

It looks like there could be two more victims. Take a look at the following new excerpt:

Authorities were also trying to determine whether a 72-year-old man shot to death Thursday night on a Washington street was connected to the Maryland slayings. And Friday afternoon, a woman was shot in the back as she loaded packages into her car outside a crafts store in Fredericksburg, Va., 55 miles south of here. Her condition was not immediately known.

The crafts store is part of the Michaels chain; the window of a Michaels store in Maryland was shot at Wednesday night, 45 minutes before the killing spree began. Police said it was too early to tell if the Virginia shooting was related.

Moose said investigators would wait for forensic results before deciding whether Pascal Charlot, 72, of Washington, was the sixth victim of the apparently random attacks.

"I'm not denying we have extreme interest, but we are going to wait for the science," Moose said.

Comment

Last night local news reported the police had already made an arrest in the DC shooting, which occurred on the street that borders Montgomery County. So it would appear that that shooting was not related, at least to the Fredericksburg one.
        Old posters never die.
        They j.u.s.t..f..a..d..e...a...w...a...y....

Comment

ROCKVILLE, Md. –– Police linked the shooting of a 72-year-old Washington, D.C., man to the sniper killings of five Maryland residents and said Friday the same high-powered rifle was used to kill at least four of the victims.

Police were searching for two men in the shootings and investigating whether a seventh shooting outside a Virginia store was part of the same terrifying crime spree.

The same weapon was used to kill the Washington man and three of the five people killed in Maryland, said Special Agent Michael Bouchard of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. Forensic testing was still under way in the two other Maryland shootings.

Bullet fragments recovered at the scene of the Thursday night shooting in the nation's capital matched those found at the scene of three shootings earlier Thursday in Montgomery County, Md., police said.

"This brings us to a higher degree of recklessness by this suspect or suspects," Police Chief Charles Moose said.

Comment

$20 bucks says that if they catch these kids they will find that Natural Born Killers was prominent on the viewing list. Like every night.

Odds are they will catch them. Now the little psychos have a taste, they won't stop. But they are smart little psychos. At least one of them is, so it may be a while.

Frack, you guys have a scary country. It may be great, but I wouldn't wanna live there.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

How do you define kids?

Anyway, this is an Al Quaeda hit team. American born. My guess.

Comment

edit: refers to news report, not al queda
                Old posters never die.
                They j.u.s.t..f..a..d..e...a...w...a...y....

Comment

Kids. 17 to 25.

They think they are rebels.

They have never been consistently gainfully employed.

One is smart. The other is pretty dim.

The smart one was rejected for something he really wanted. Wanted bad.

That's my lame-assed attempt at being a G-Man.

I would buy the terrorism thing if someone were phoning the NY Times and saying 'haha, you Americans suck, we can kill you any time and any place we want. Leave Saudi Arabia/Columbia/our guns alone!'

Until that happens, I do not believe they are terrorists.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Yeah, but you are relying on the terrorist sterotype. A couple of days in the DC area and then they move to say, Ohio. Then to Salt Lake City. Then they start dropping clues and the Bush administration goes ape****. The press goes ape****.

I hope I am wrong.

Comment

I am shocked that you are still going with the terrorist thing JT, without any solid evidence whatsoever. By this logic, virtually any shootings in the USA can be considered likely Al-queda attacks. This inference by "reductio ad absurdum" reduces your theory to being hopelessly inadequate. It's time to give up the ghost Jimmy.
                      http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytrick
                        I hope I am wrong.
                        You are.
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

jimmy, that is possible. It would be more effective after a week of incidents spread out over the US. However, I read or heard somewhere that the bright lights with Bin Laden didn't come up with the planes as weapons idea themselves. They saw it on TV.

I don't give them enough credit maybe.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

Yeah, the thing is that anyone can get a hunting rifle, its not that hard to learn to use effectively. Long range makes it easy to kill unseen. Too easy. And how do you defend against that sort of thing.

Add in the suicide element. The famous car chase scenes on tv. Gun battles. Could bundle a truck bomb in there. Hit a school American could be turned into a police state overnight and there could be no control of the military.

I don't think Americans can endure the kind of constant attacks that Israel does. We have a different culture. I fear the beast within could escape and half the world in flames.

Probably I should not even type this stuff up. But I think the next generation of Islamic terrorist will be more inventive and I am plainly all prickly. Hair on end ... waiting for the next shoe to drop.

I have a personal belief that there is a constant quanity of evil in the world. It can never be destroyed, only dissipated and then it will manifest itself in another form.

Probably the only way to bannish the terrorism is to become more ruthless than the terrorist, but at the price of beng left to face ourselves. But what choice do we have?

Chamberlain gave away the Sudetenland that was not his to give, to preserve a peace that existed only in naive imaginations. Only by blood can evil be fought, by rage victory bought. Wars end but a cruel deceit, winged demons we shall again meet.

Comment

I'm tired of Chamberlain always being brought up to dismiss all pacifism as being foolish. I'm sure it is similar to Vietnam always being brought up for you guys.
                              In regards to fighting "evil", As a Christian, I simply can't support any war at any cost. If we Americans worked to make amends with our Arab neighbors and worked toward absolute peace, I'm sure God would take care of the rest.
                              http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytrick
                                I don't think Americans can endure the kind of constant attacks that Israel does. We have a different culture. I fear the beast within could escape and half the world in flames.
                                They are pulling the tail of the tiger...
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X