No announcement yet.

killings in montogmery county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know its a terrorist plot now. Martha Stewart just resigned.

Comment

THe guy at the UN has been arrested.
      Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

-Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Pavlov
        THe guy at the UN has been arrested.
        How the hell did a UN guy get a gun to kill a bunch of innocents in a white van in DC? Makes you wonder what Butros Butros Ghali was up too.

oh, wait. I may have some facts messed up.

(too close for comfort Adam, glad you guys are fine)
        Be the bid!

Comment

Ouch- I hate to hear that this kind of thing happened in my home county. Adam Smith, I hope you'll keep us posted on any new things you may hear.
          "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

I live montgomery county too. One of my friends drove past the shell station where the guy got shot only minutes after. It apparently is a white isuzu van with black writing on it. But I think they'll get a different car soon.
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

The facts scream to me that there is more than one perp. One shot at distance, one kill in each instance except the possible window shooting. Perps probably have training.

One kill last night. This was probably a trial run for today. The fact that this happened over two days seems like an operation rather than a deranged killing spree.

Another possibility is that one of the person was a target and the others red herrings, but that seems remote.

Now the van is missing. Likely moved inside a garage. We may find that some family dead in their homes as their house was taken for a base of operations. The van would be in that garage.

Most likely terrorists and they have probably left in another vehicle.

Comment

Another possibility if this is a terrorist operation is that it is designed to tied up resources so that another more destructive objective could be accomplished.

Comment

the fact that there are probably two makes me wonder... two crazy people? it seems more organized.
                  "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytrick
                    Another possibility if this is a terrorist operation is that it is designed to tied up resources so that another more destructive objective could be accomplished.
                    wouldn't they do this in DC instead of Montgomery County then? There's really not anything big to attack. But perhaps they're not doing it in DC because its hard to flee the scene. (narrow roads and lots of stoplights)

Comment

I don't what is in Montgomery County and nearby areas. Are there any nuclear facilities, pipe lines or large storage fields? Suitable targets for bio/chem agents? Even down here in NC there is a large tank farm near an interstate that would be a juicy target.

And for the purpose of terror a series of drive by shootings would be debilitating in and of itself. I think terrorists would be even more effective in that sort of undertaking.

Comment

Actually, come to think of it, the biggest naval research laboratory in the country is right near my house.

Comment

I'll take any bets that it's not any terrorist of the al qaeda/Bin Laddin type... Just some nutjobs, like the guy that went into Mcdonald's in the 80's, all the post office shootings, and Columbine.

Comment

If you are at home, get under the bed. If not, don't go home. I am not trying to be funny.

Comment

actually I'm leaving my house in five minutes for an appointment, but I don't believe anything is gonna happen. I still think its two independent wackos.

Comment

Apparently, only one shot fired each time, so police are looking for a marksman, and probable driver. I highly doubt the two things (this and UN) are connected, because the guy at the UN shot for attention, then threw his leaflets into the air, more of a peaceful protest.

Maybe it is terrorism, but I doubt its on the scale of international terrorism. I mean, why shoot down an old lady from a retirement home? (then again, why shoot any of these people?)

I really hope these aren't some disturbed kids who thought they could make GTA3 into a roleplaying game.
                                "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                                ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                                "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Working...
                                X