The worst thing about waiting tables...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by notyoueither
    Very difficult to get Canadian citizenship if you do not make an effort to learn English or French.

Much easier to get an entry visa if you already know either.

It's funny how being able to understand your boss, your co-workers, the police, the courts, the law makers and much of the rest of what's going on aids in being a productive member of a society.
    Which is why I believe it is important for immigrants whose primary language is non-English, to learn English.

But I won't go on a hateful rage against those immigrants who have not made such an effort. They just won't be able to have as gainful employment as their fellas who do learn English.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Hateful rage? They should not be given citizenship, or they should be shown the door (unless they have some demonstrable reason for ignoring the people they wish to live among). Nothing hateful in that.

The Spanish speakers in America are a peculiar situation. It seems that the southern US is being taken over by a foreign invasion for which your Republic seems ill equipped to withstand.

I am reminded of another thread going on at the moment.

But, I am also reminded that moral relativity has its uses and limits. Even the Dutch are discovering that.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• tonight was pitiful....i made below mimimum wage for an 8 hour work day...customers were extremely rude today despite the fact that i was running my ass off..
        it is NOT OK to leave a 1 cent tip because the cook is ****ing up.....because THAT is something i can't help or fix.....
        "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

Working...
        X