Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long till Iraq is at war? What happens during it, and after?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long till Iraq is at war? What happens during it, and after?

Who the war is with is uncertain(almost certaintly the U.S, UK, Israel, Spain etc....MABEY the U.N. will do something, the odds are HEAVILY against it, but it could happen, we'll know in 48 hours lol), howerver well all know its coming........how long do you think till it happens, what do you think will happen during the war(will Iraq's "elite" soldiers be wiped out in 2 days again?), and what will happen after?
    September 02
    3.57%
    October(Ves thinks its coming then) 02
    28.57%
    November 02
    25.00%
    December 02
    14.29%
    January 03
    7.14%
    February 03
    0.00%
    March 03
    0.00%
    April 03
    7.14%
    May 03
    3.57%
    June 30
    0.00%
    Later(specify)
    0.00%
    Never
    10.71%

All signs point to November.

Just a question: why Spain?
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Not-seeing any corpses on 9/11/01, not seeing any tower collapsing on 9/11/02, maybe USA learnt from Vietnam.
      But maybe its gonna be another Vietnam though.
      "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
      "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

UH OH IT'S GOING TO BE ANOTHER VIETNAM

Comment

Actually, I hope the US gets its head handed to it, to teach us a lesson about foreign intervention and aggression.

Won't happen, of course, because the US military is the most powerful military force the world has ever seen, but one can hope.
          Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
          Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

IT'S GOING TO BE ANOTHER VIETNAM

Comment

the terrain is just perfect for an american assault... unlike vietnam encampments, they can simply bomb the iraqi defense to pieces, it's wide open desert, so the more advanced US equipment should allow them to destroy the enemy first...

vietnam is just impossible to fight with bombers... you actually have to guess somewhat where the enemy is, and bombs cost money, so the efficiency is much lower in nam
              "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
              "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Zylka
                  Oh my god... I hope this is a sarcastic remark. anyway, by the time a UN resolution is passed itll be at least another 6 months. the US probably wont go in without one, but we will threaten to. There are excellent articles on this subject in the latest issue of Time magazine.

Kman
                  "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                  - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                  Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Zylka
                      Pop another paxil.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd
                          Actually, I hope the US gets its head handed to it, to teach us a lesson about foreign intervention and aggression.

Won't happen, of course, because the US military is the most powerful military force the world has ever seen, but one can hope.
                          Wasnt our ass handed to us after Vietnam, and havent we been skiddish of foregn intervention ever since?I mean as it is people are afraid this will become another vietnam...

If anything, this needs to be a glorious American victory, and not just militarily. We need to find the weapons of mass destruction they have been hoardng and expose their nuclear weapons development program definatively, once and for all, and any documents about affiliation with terrorists or conspiring agains America and our allies would be great too. It'll be kinda of a justification to the world (who mostly seem very irrational on this issue, from my POV) for our preemptive doctrine towards Iraq and Saddam husein.

Kman
                          "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                          - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                          Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Comment

The President will probably call for Congressional OK by late October, probably early October, to insure a scared public, more talk of steps needed during war and to keep November turnout pathetically low ('patriotism' and flag waving don't extend to carrying out civic duties like voting, it seems) so that Reps. don't loose the congress.

Then a couple of months of military buildup and lots of BS.

The war shoul be quick, no more than 3 weeks, with less than 1000 American dead, though I have no clue about Iraqi dead. Lots of violent protests accross the Arab world, and then a long occupation of Iraq, a search for Saddam s arsenal to validate the invasion, and Billions for reconstruction aftre the war and 12 years of sactions. Bush will probably try to skip this last part, and loook for his next war target.
                              If you don't like reality, change it! me
                              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                              X