girl, need advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• girl, need advice.

There's a girl who wants to meet me. She seems really nice, is a christian, wants to be a singer (her cd comes out in december), and seems to like me. I attached her pic here.

of course, things aren't all that easy. She lives in the US, which isn't that big a problem now since I'd go there anyway in a few months, but if things hit off it would just suck when I have to go back. Also, if it does hit off and I do go back, I'll of course have to stop seeing other girls (well, I haven't seen one in 2 months anyway, but that's beside the point).

What do you think?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Saint Marcus; September 6, 2002, 20:34.
    Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Won't your being gay kind of get in between a relationship? Not to mention your disgust of the States?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

"Christian" can be anything from a liberal Episcopalian to a CivNation-style carpet-chewer. Possibly even a Mormon or Jehovah's Witness also (though they tend not to refer to themselves as just "Christians").

According to a recent survey, 45% of Americans are Young-Earth Creationists. Of course, the YEC percentage of those who call themselves "Christian" will be higher than that.

This could be a compatibility problem. Do you have more info on her beliefs?

Comment

Won't your being gay kind of get in between a relationship?
        I am gay?

sweet

Not to mention your disgust of the States?
        Haha. You guys are so gullible.

Tell me, if the US really disgusts me that much, why do I go to that country so often (at least twice a year), and why was my last girlfriend an American?

Christian" can be anything from a liberal Episcopalian to a CivNation-style carpet-chewer. Possibly even a Mormon or Jehovah's Witness also (though they tend not to refer to themselves as just "Christians").
        She's a former Lutheran, though I'm not 100% sure what branch of christianity she follows now. And if I knew, I doubt I could place it. There are so many different branches in US that I've never even heard of before I got there.

According to a recent survey, 45% of Americans are Young-Earth Creationists. Of course, the YEC percentage of those who call themselves "Christian" will be higher than that.

This could be a compatibility problem. Do you have more info on her beliefs?
        Yeah, we talk about it a lot.

In general, religious believes tend not to be a big problem in my dealing with people. My parents are practicing Catholics, one of my best friends is an ultra conservative Evangelical (the kind that refuses to listen to non-christian music cause it's a sin).

This girl is, by my (dutch) standards rather conservative. She's a creationist, and takes the Bible rather literally. Yet, she's not so conservative that she refuses to date non-christians (her last boyfriend was a full atheist, I'm merely an agnost), and she watches movies with violence and other "sinful" acts. She knows my views on things (like evolution), and doesn't try to change me (unlike my evangelical friend). She seems pretty flexible in things too. She won't do stuff that goes against her religion, but that doesn't seem too drastic. Plus, I'm rather flexible with it. I don't mind that she doesn't want sex before marriage. I had it, but know I can do without it. Her parents don't like it if she goes away for a weekend with a guy, but she doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

And she probably is a YEC, but do you think that would be a problem? It's not a thing you come across in every day life, right? She knows I believe differently, and didn't make a big deal out of it. Quite the oposite (which certainly surprised me).

Of course, should I ever marry her (or another person with the same views), it might present some problems with raising kids, though I'm certainly not thinking that far ahead.

Comment

I just checked. she claims to be "full gospel".

don't ask me what that is though.

Comment

Must be some kind of Baptist. You know how they are.
            She's a nice looking girl.
            Last edited by SlowwHand; September 6, 2002, 10:52.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Marcus
              I just checked. she claims to be "full gospel".

don't ask me what that is though.
              I think it means she belives everything in the bible literally.
              Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
              Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Must be some kind of Baptist. You know how they are.
                Well....no I don't

Very few baptists here I'm afraid.

She's a nice looking girl.
                yeah indeed It's certainly a nice bonus.

I think it means she belives everything in the bible literally.
                ah I see. thanks.

I learned something new today then

Comment

That may be. A non-denominational group.
                  I was trying to find out exactly, which brought another question.
                  WTF is this about? Can you ask her ?
                  Guns and roses is a popular slot game from Netent. Wondering how to master it? Click here!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    That may be. A non-denominational group.
                    I was trying to find out exactly, which brought another question.
                    WTF is this about? Can you ask her ?
                    http://www.fullgospelranch.com/
                    she might not be too impressed
                    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

LOL. freaky

Texans are funny

Comment

She seems to be nice. Nothing that a boobjob can't fix. Go for it!
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

she's not a Baptist btw, though she occasionally visits Baptist churches

Comment

a little too nice. just wait, she'll stick a knife into your back sooner or later.

maybe when you're alseep or something...
                            B♭3

Comment

Just a little for you...

Go and take your chanche.

If this will work you'll be the happiest of the men...
                              "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                              "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
                              "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Working...
                              X