No announcement yet.

Oh this is priceless...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd take the Guardian with a grain of salt, but this is pretty funny. I love the idea of a crusty old marine kicking the hell out of the Pentagon's shiny new warplans.

"If it's being done right, anywhere in the world, it's NOT being done by the [U.S.] Army" - Good Morning, Vietnam

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Can you imagine if this were actually predictive? Anybody want to speculate on the political fallout if Bush presides over the worst naval debacle since Pearl Harbor? Priceless indeed; thanks for sharing it.
      "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

It seems like certain wargame planners play their Civ on Chieftain level. And still have to cheat.
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I'm gonna laugh if the US loses.
          Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
          Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

If the US really want to attack Iraq, put Van Riper in charge of the operation. He seems to know what is going on. Otherwise, I'm sorry for your guys...
            Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

It's idiocy like this in the top brass that helped cause Vietnam to be such a fiasco. They were so sure that their military model was right, in spite of the evidence pouring in from the field.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

kinda like "you have lost connection to the player named Bush", just after you've built Mikes Chapel in Civ2 MP?

Comment

So our wargames are like Quake. Our soldiers respawn after being fragged.

Comment

Being a friend to men and women who will likely be over there should the time come, I find this frightening, actually.

Let's hope they can correct this...
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Hmmm... Maybe we should try taking Iraq by moving in South from Turkey instead....
                      "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Iraq can't defeat the US... most of their army won't even fight and will give up like in the Gulf war... it will probably be left to the republican guard... which is pretty weak.
                        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

*bang bang bang*
                          "You're dead. I shot you"
                          "You missed, and I shot you back"
                          "I didn't hear you"
                          *bang bang bang*
                          "That's cheating! you can't shoot back, you're dead!"
                          "You missed."
                          "Did not. I'm the masked avenger, I never miss!"
                          "yeah, well you didn't even load your gun"
                          "did so"
                          "did not"
                          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                            Hmmm... Maybe we should try taking Iraq by moving in South from Turkey instead....
                            That would require the cooperation of Turkey, which is rther reluctant to give it.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Maybe we shouldn't invade at all.
                              Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                              Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Althought that is my prefered option, I'm led to believe that isn't one of our choices.

Comment

Working...
                                X