This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ravagon
    Are you sure about this? I just looked at one of those online guide thingummies and found a 10:45 pm start time (set to WA time I hasten to add).
    Hence it should be 12:45 am Sunday in Sydney?
    That's what it was going to be. It's been brought forward. I'll try to find where I read about it and get back to you.

Edit. Yep, it's in this morning's Sydney Morning Herald. The game is now scheduled for 11pm Sydney time. What they've done is bring it back from a 5pm (Jo'burg time) kick-off to a 3pm kick-off.
    Last edited by finbar; August 8, 2002, 23:33.
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by finbar
      Edit. Yep, it's in this morning's Sydney Morning Herald. The game is now scheduled for 11pm Sydney time. What they've done is bring it back from a 5pm (Jo'burg time) kick-off to a 3pm kick-off.
      Muchas Gracias.
      That means a 9:00 pm kick-off for me.

Comment

But will 7 show it live? At that time of night?
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Mmm - well the Springbok have a few players back...

I'm not that fond of SA, but, I want the Wallabies to take the Tri Nations.

Hey finbar, I'm betting 15 civgold on the Springbok to win by a penalty.
          "Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)

Comment

Originally posted by NeoStar
            Mmm - well the Springbok have a few players back...

I'm not that fond of SA, but, I want the Wallabies to take the Tri Nations.

Hey finbar, I'm betting 15 civgold on the Springbok to win by a penalty.
            Remember, we're betting margins. If you're backing the Boks they can either: (a) lose by 7 points or less; (b) draw; or (c) win the match; for you to win your best. If they lose by 8 points or more, you lose your bet.

Comment

This post is a work-in-progress, guys. I've just retrieved our current Bank A/c from the old thread - before it disappeared into the ether - and stuck it here for safekeeping. Such are the perils of starting new threads! I'll edit later for all the betting info.

academia 92
              Andydog 153
              Caligastia 57
              finbar 160
              Havak 66
              LDiCesares 82
              Mickeyj 121
              ravagon 134
              Tamerlin 35

Comment

Remember, we're betting margins. If you're backing the Boks they can either: (a) lose by 7 points or less; (b) draw; or (c) win the match; for you to win your best. If they lose by 8 points or more, you lose your bet.
                C

It seems Tune has been stood down. Maybe now they'll sort this doping mess out.
                "Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)

Comment

His hearing on the drug matter is this coming Monday night. The Wallabies fly out Sunday, so he will stay behind. Whether he follows later will obviously be determined by the hearing.

Comment

Get back to work finbar so we can play tonight.
                    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

The Game They Play In Heaven - Betting Update

Here's a betting update for tomorrow night's ABs -v- Boks match to be played in Durban.

Our Bank A/c after bets (to date) have been placed stands as follows:

academia 92
                      Andydog 153
                      Caligastia 57-20 = 37
                      finbar 160-30 = 130
                      Havak 66-20 = 46
                      LDiCesares 82-10 = 72
                      Mickeyj 121
                      NeoStar 100-15 = 85
                      ravagon 134 -20 = 114
                      Tamerlin 35-15 = 20

The margin has been calculated at 7 1/2 points start for the Boks. Back the ABs, they have to win by 8 points or more for you to collect. Back the Boks, they can lose by 7 points or less; draw; or win the match for you to collect.

The bets have been placed as follows:

Boks

LDiCesares 10
                      NeoStar 15
                      Tamerlin 15

All Blacks

Caligastia 20
                      finbar 30
                      Havak 20
                      ravagon 20

The pool currently stands at 130 Civ Gold.

I won't do a calculation on winnings until closer to kick-off. Others are bound to pop in and place a bet before then.
                      Last edited by finbar; August 9, 2002, 09:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey
                        Get back to work finbar so we can play tonight.
                        I just finished! I'm going to make a cuppa - Orange Pekoe - and I'll be online!

Comment

I forgot to mention I had the day off today I think?

Finbar I will trawl up some quotes about the "continuity" first campaign and it's choice set piece ideas next week. Wouldn't want you to think I'm avoiding the issue.

Okay so are we carrying over this Civ Gold to the autumn or do we get a fresh 100? I ask because I may be broke by next weekend.

20 of my dwindling wealth on the All Blacks if you please.
                          It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

Originally posted by Havak
                            I forgot to mention I had the day off today I think?
                            Yes, you did, but it's nice to know that the famous Australian tradition of the "sickie" not only has its roots in the Old Country but that the tradition continues there to this day.

Finbar I will trawl up some quotes about the "continuity" first campaign and it's choice set piece ideas next week. Wouldn't want you to think I'm avoiding the issue.
                            I'm genuinely intrigued - and mystified - by all this. It was put to me originally that there were moves originating in the SH for uncontested set pieces. Please bring me up to speed.

Okay so are we carrying over this Civ Gold to the autumn or do we get a fresh 100? I ask because I may be broke by next weekend.
                            Tamerlin's probably the best one to ask. He could be betting with his Visa Card next week.

20 of my dwindling wealth on the All Blacks if you please.
                            I think you're safe. Unless they put in a shocker and the Boks decide to play rugby instead of biffo. The latter, methinks, is very unlikely. They're already publicly promising "aggression".

Comment

Frankly, I think it's time Caligastia exercised his Moderator's clout and pressured Markos and Dan for a FORUM dedicated to rugby!
                              Excercise my pretend moderator's clout to ask for a whole new forum to be created for the benefit of 10 posters? Your optimism rivals that of an english rugby fan!

Actually I was thinking it would be nice if we had a higher post limit on our threads so we wouldnt have to create new ones all the time. For Havak's benefit I will wait for the next thread before making that request...

Enjoy the beer and chips!
                              Cheers mate!
                              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Yes, you did, but it's nice to know that the famous Australian tradition of the "sickie" not only has its roots in the Old Country but that the tradition continues there to this day.
                                A fine, fine tradition also kept alive by the american colonies.
                                ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                                ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Working...
                                X