Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caligastia, when you open the new thread, try to put a link from here to it so we don't have to look for it until there is a black dot in the box.
    Tamerlin, any news about Lo Cicero? Apparently he seems to want to stay in Rome, which would really be a bad thing for Le Stade. Soulette should be back in a week or two, but Toulouse will lack props for the whole season if the italian mate doesn't come back.
    Clash of Civilization team member
    (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

• Originally posted by LDiCesare
      Caligastia, when you open the new thread, try to put a link from here to it so we don't have to look for it until there is a black dot in the box.
      I always do. If youre looking for it already, I havent created it yet. That might be why youre having trouble finding it.
      ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• Tamerlin; that's a French game, isn't it!
        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
        Middle East!

Comment

• Originally posted by Caligastia
          If its ok with everyone else I think Ill start the new thread soon.

Rugby - Who me sir? What offside??
          Hey Cal - call me a pedant, but I'd suggest, for idiomatic and punctuation purposes:

Rugby - Who? Me, Sir? Offside?

The first question is really two questions and the "what" in the second question is redundant. And the context of the overall question - very polite, quite mystified, as the offenders always are - removes the need for the second question mark.
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak
            Writers eh? They make words dance to their own tune.
            Words are wonderful things. Even the slightest rearrangement of their order can completely change a meaning. Golly, I'm glad words were invented.

*edit* Hold on, Stuart Barnes writes for them too doesn't he? You didn't seriously quote wino whining Barnes to me as a serious Jounro did you Finbar 0 shame on you!
            Yes, I'm quoting S. Barnes. I'm nominating him for Poet Laureate.
            " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
            "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by LDiCesare
              Tamerlin, any news about Lo Cicero? Apparently he seems to want to stay in Rome, which would really be a bad thing for Le Stade. Soulette should be back in a week or two, but Toulouse will lack props for the whole season if the italian mate doesn't come back.
              As I told it earlier to Havak I think the Stade Toulousain will have some problem with its first line all along the season and that the team will lose some important games because of this.

About Lo Cicero, he only played a few match last season and the few times I saw him he has not played like an international level player and even not like a good level player of our championship. Although the Stade is lacking some good props I don't think he is a worthy recruit especially if we consider his wages.

I'am more confident with Soulette which return will be a big relief though he is not without flaws (a rather hot temper player like his former mate Tournaire). I also think, at the very least I hope, that the Stade Toulousain will launch some promising younger players coming straight from its training center. Wait and see.
              "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar

Hey Cal - call me a pedant, but I'd suggest, for idiomatic and punctuation purposes:

Rugby - Who? Me, Sir? Offside?

The first question is really two questions and the "what" in the second question is redundant. And the context of the overall question - very polite, quite mystified, as the offenders always are - removes the need for the second question mark.
                Thanks for the suggestion it does look better that way.

Comment

• *horse feels queasy posting here*

I have a gloat and question.

First the gloat - I get first dibs at World Cup tickets because 2 of my boys play

Now the question: Does anyone know where I can get a jpeg/mpeg copy of the famous of photo of Phil Kearns sneering at the All Blacks while they do the Haka? Anyone remember that?
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                    *horse feels queasy posting here*

I have a gloat and question.

First the gloat - I get first dibs at World Cup tickets because 2 of my boys play
                    Well, you get a slightly better chance in the lottery.

Now the question: Does anyone know where I can get a jpeg/mpeg copy of the famous of photo of Phil Kearns sneering at the All Blacks while they do the Haka? Anyone remember that?
                    There are a few rugby sites with archived pics. I'll have a look for you.

Comment

• Thanks. Its in a good cause i.e. annoying a Kiwi.
                      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Mmmm. From memory, the match was in New Zealand. And they thumped us.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar
                          Mmmm. From memory, the match was in New Zealand. And they thumped us.

A proud moment before humiliation eh horsey?

Comment

• Hey, I thought you guys might enjoy this cartoon I saw at Rugbyheaven...
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Nice picture Caligastia!
                              Clash of Civilization team member
                              (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                              web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

• It seems I won't have the opportunity to go to this WC.

"Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X