X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NeoStar
    You know what fellas - Im detecting some age difference
    Picked it in one! Havak was at Trafalgar. In fact, the famous line is a misquote. I'm reliably informed that Nelson, in fact, said: "Kiss me, Havak".

As a concession, maybe they should reduce airfares for them to come over.
    They're already paddling over here in bathtubs as it is!

PS. I wonder where AndyDog, Mickeyj and academia have got to?
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar

Picked it in one! Havak was at Trafalgar. In fact, the famous line is a misquote. I'm reliably informed that Nelson, in fact, said: "Kiss me, Havak".

And what about the Finbar? Don't tell me he helped build the Harbour Bridge, endured the Great Depression and fought in Vietnam
      "Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)

Comment

• Starting line ups:

Australia
        Chris Latham, Ben Tune, Matthew Burke, Daniel Herbert, Stirling Mortlock, Stephen Larkham, George Gregan (c), Toutai Kefu, George Smith, Owen Finegan, Justin Harrison, Nathan Sharpe, Ben Darwin, Jeremy Paul, Bill Young
        Reserves: Brendan Cannon, Rod Moore, Matt Cockbain, David Lyons, Chris Whitaker, Elton Flatley, Mat Rogers, David Croft

South Africa: unchanged from last game.

A 6 1/2 point margin sounds ok, put me down for 10 gold on the Wallabies.
        Caligastia is losing his NZ origins living in America...
        "Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)

Comment

• Originally posted by NeoStar

And what about the Finbar? Don't tell me he helped build the Harbour Bridge, endured the Great Depression and fought in Vietnam
          Moi? Who do you think lit the fuse for the Big Bang?
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Betting Update - Final Tri-Nations Match - 17/8/02

Okay, lads, with the bets placed to date, our Bank A/c stands as follows:

academia 92
            Andydog 153
            Caligastia 37-10 = 27
            finbar 130-30 = 100
            Havak 46-20 = 26
            LDiCesares 104-15 = 89
            Mickeyj 121
            NeoStar 134-20 = 114
            ravagon 114
            Tamerlin 69-20 = 49

The Boks have 6 1/2 points start, meaning the Wallabies have to win by 7 or more; or the Boks can lose by 6 or less, draw or win the match. The pool currently stands at 115 Civ Gold.

The bets have been placed as follows:

Boks

finbar 30
            Havak 20
            LDiCesares 15

Wallabies

Caligastia 10
            NeoStar 20
            Tamerlin 20

I won't calculate the potential winnings yet because one of the other lads might pop in between now and kick-off.

Yes, I'm backing the Boks. I think history is against the Wallabies, and, I have to say, sadly, I doubt some of the Wallabies' self-discipline in the face of the Boks' provocation.

Comment

I'm old enough to remember the originals - Led Zepplin, etc - of which most of those are pale imitations.
              Of course, you cant beat the "Good old days" can you? *hands Finbar his cane* IMO there are just as many crap bands today as there were back then, but you hear more about them. I like the old stuff too, but some of the newer bands also have a lot to offer.

*Wellington echoes with the sound of tearing paper as Caligastia's citizenship is revoked*
              Oh well, I always have my british passport...

Originally posted by finbar
              Caligastia is losing his NZ origins living in America...
              Naaaa...Im just trying to win some of my money back. The advantage of betting with your head instead of your heart is that either way you have something to be happy about.

Im am a bit suprised to see Finbar betting against the Wallabies though.

Cant wait for the match!!!!!
              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• Originally posted by Caligastia
                Im am a bit suprised to see Finbar betting against the Wallabies though.
                Betting with my head. The Wallabies haven't won at Jo'burg for 39 years, meaning better teams than this one have failed there. Obviously I hope they win, but for the purposes of this betting exercise, I think they're up against it.

Comment

Betting with my head. The Wallabies haven't won at Jo'burg for 39 years, meaning better teams than this one have failed there. Obviously I hope they win, but for the purposes of this betting exercise, I think they're up against it.
                  Yeah, but SA rugby is recovering from perhaps the lowest point in history... - in any case, I welcome your contribution to the pot.
                  ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                  ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Yeah, but SA rugby is recovering from perhaps the lowest point in history
                    Judging by last week - and their game against us here - they're recovering at a rapid rate of knots.

Comment

• Re: Betting Update - Final Tri-Nations Match - 17/8/02

Originally posted by finbar
                      Yes, I'm backing the Boks. I think history is against the Wallabies, and, I have to say, sadly, I doubt some of the Wallabies' self-discipline in the face of the Boks' provocation.

Forget the R-TGTPIH Disciplinary Panel, this calls for the Australian Rugby Disciplinary Panel to address it.

Gentlemen, is this man guilty of treason?

Buddha - Guilty

Poido - Guilty

Gordon - Guilty

Judgment: Gregan and his boys will make him pay dearly for this...

Comment

Naaaa...Im just trying to win some of my money back. The advantage of betting with your head instead of your heart is that either way you have something to be happy about.
                        Well Caligastia, you have some sort of excuse having only 37 gold - unlike a certain traitor sitting nicely on 130...

Comment

Got it. Oh, and I heard on the news this morning that an armoured van had been robbed outside Marseilles and 1,000,000 Euros stolen. I have to advise you, Tamerlin, that if you start betting 250,000 Civ Gold in the future, I might just have to ring the French police.
                          I'm thinking 1 000 000 Euros probably comes to more like 37.25 civ gold using current exchange rates.

A 6.5 point margin!
                          Crikey. I would have put it at almost double that given the way the Wallabies will have to play to try and win the series.
                          And, I hasten to add, before somebody takes such a marginal (no pun intended) difference between the Aussies this week and the AB's last week, as some form of favouritism of Australia over NZ, I categorically refute any such allegations.
                          (I think that almost made sense ).

20 on the Australians please finbar , if I'm not too late again.

[Note to self: You'll miss your own funeral if you're not careful ]

Comment

• Originally posted by ravagon
                            Ah - The kiwis Caligastia and ravagon have realised their folly and turned to the side they secretly know rules world rugby Good work folks, welcome aboard.

Next thing you know, Havak will change his bet

Comment

• Originally posted by ravagon
                              Gotcha.

Comment

• Betting Update #2

After ravagon's bet, the Bank A/c now reads as follows:

academia 92
                                Andydog 153
                                Caligastia 37-10 = 27
                                finbar 130-30 = 100
                                Havak 46-20 = 26
                                LDiCesares 104-15 = 89
                                Mickeyj 121
                                NeoStar 134-20 = 114
                                ravagon 114-20 = 94
                                Tamerlin 69-20 = 49

The pool currently stands at 135 Civ Gold.

The bets have been placed as follows:

Boks

finbar 30
                                Havak 20
                                LDiCesares 15

Wallabies

Caligastia 10
                                NeoStar 20
                                ravagon 20
                                Tamerlin 20

If your bet wins, you will receive (rounded up or down accordingly, including your original stake) as follows:

finbar 53
                                Havak 35
                                LDiCesares 27

Caligastia 19.5
                                NeoStar 38.5
                                ravagon 38.5
                                Tamerlin 38.5

Comment

Working...
                                X