X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tamerlin
    Thanks for your help NeoStar.
    No worries - If you have time just use a search engine and take a guess.

Originally posted by Tamerlin
    ...You should better ask me about AC/DC...
    Good old AC/DC? You champ! Did they have a big following in France?

Originally posted by finbar
    Jeepers! You're taking me back a few years with AC/DC and Rose Tattoo. I saw them both live playing in the local pubs when they were just starting out
    .....Lucky bugger One of the aussie greats, they were. What were your impressions at the time?
    "Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)

Comment

• Originally posted by NeoStar
      Good old AC/DC? You champ! Did they have a big following in France?
      They were massive in Europe before they made it in the States.

What were your impressions at the time?
      Very very very loud.

BTW, NeoStar, your public heresy in the AFL thread has been noted.
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar

They were massive in Europe before they made it in the States.
        I didn't know all of Europe.

Originally posted by finbar
        BTW, NeoStar, your public heresy in the AFL thread has been noted.
        As I replied over there, you misquoted me. I was talking in relation to AFL - its better that than aussie rules, I mean you can switch to Union To be honest though, it did sound a bit suss...
        "Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)

Comment

• Hey Finbar, the footy show is on!
          Last edited by NeoStar; August 15, 2002, 08:10.

Comment

• BUDDHA: "Go you good thing!".
            You make a better Buddha and Poido than they do.

the writer didn't seem to come down one way or the other on the obstruction question before ending with the irrelevant
            Okay, got it now thanks. It’s pretty unusual actually because he normally does say if the ref was ‘wrong’ or ‘right’ in his discussions on the laws.

Just in case he has to admit that a NH ref made a complete and utter d*ck of himself.
            I admire your wild optimism. (As for NYC – maybe next year, but by then the next six nations will be over and the next tri-nations about to start – the penalty try will be long forgotten).

Can you believe there are actually supporters who defend this guy? In his home town he is looked upon as a hero. How disgusting. He is nothing but a thug.
            They are clearly idiots – the concept of spectators assaulting officials is totally abhorrent to me, and all right thinking rugger fans I would hope.

Mark Connors is off to Northampton. How do they rate?
            After a poor start they finished 5th in the Premiership. They are in fact Tigers closest domestic rivals – we have two “East Midlands” derbies a year. They are universally called ‘Saints’ rather than Northampton. In over a hundred years they have won just two first class trophies – a second division title and, bizarrely, the European cup in the worst final ever (9-6, all penalties, over Munster) in 2000.
            But they have an ace up their sleeve now – when NZ got rid of Wayne Smith Saints then snapped him up – he turned their season around last year and I expect them to do much better next season.

Hey Havak, at least us Aussies ain't that bad
            Well Neostar – might I dare suggest because you have never enticed top English players to defect to your clubs? In fact the only English player ever to sign for Super 12 side had to leave here for a few year after an ear biting incident – even he, Kevin Yates, is now back and with Sale.

Of course an Aussie might argue that’s because English players are not good enough to play S12.
            The reality is the ‘pay’ here is better and, like your Unions, England will not select outside NH clubs rosters. Old players get a better pension with French and UK clubs than signing to S12 outfits.
            It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• The R-TGTPIH Disciplinary Panel Will Come To Order!

*cough cough* *ahem ahem*

Lads, I have called this meeting of the Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven Disciplinary Panel in order that we may deal with what I believe to be an episode of outrageous heresy by one of our number.

NeoStar? Step forward? On your knees, if you please?

I put it to you, NeoStar, that in another thread in this forum, you did say the following:

its good to see League spreading
              You cannot deny it. For it is writ clearly in the ether in Hydey's Australian Rules Football thread.

How do you plead to the charge of outrageous heresy?

Guilty? But, of course!

My fellow members of the Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven Disciplinary Panel - I would ask you to retire and consider the punishment.

May I suggest the following options?

1. We throw him in the nearest river. If he drowns, he's clearly not a heretic, and we will welcome him back to the fold with open arms.

2. If he floats, he's clearly made of wood, and therefore should be burned.

3. No action will be taken against me for plagiarism of a well-known film.

This meeting of the Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven Disciplinary Panel is adjourned to Havak's local and it's his shout!

" ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
              "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Im really not fitting in here. I might as well admit it - I've played both sports. I played union mostly but I have played LEAGUE.
                I can only suggest a bout of de-programming to rid you of this appalling tendency to remember that L-word.

(runs off quickly)
                Too late! You've already been hauled before the Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven Disciplinary Panel in the post above.

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak
                  the penalty try will be long forgotten).
                  Mmmm. People have underestimated my persistency before.

After a poor start they finished 5th in the Premiership. They are in fact Tigers closest domestic rivals – we have two “East Midlands” derbies a year. They are universally called ‘Saints’ rather than Northampton. In over a hundred years they have won just two first class trophies – a second division title and, bizarrely, the European cup in the worst final ever (9-6, all penalties, over Munster) in 2000.
                  But they have an ace up their sleeve now – when NZ got rid of Wayne Smith Saints then snapped him up – he turned their season around last year and I expect them to do much better next season.
                  Mmmm. Should I consider becoming a supporter? I mean, Derek Randall's eccentricity appealed to me. OTOH, the Fez boys rather appeal to me too.

Well Neostar –
                  Sorry, Havak, NeoStar's currently in Coventry, if you'll pardon the mildly confusing geographic cliche.

Comment

Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven Disciplinary Panel
                    So thats what the R-TGTPIH Disciplinary Committee stands for. And here was I thinking you'd gone nuts.

I bet everyone on the panel has played l***** one time in their life.

1. We throw him in the nearest river. If he drowns, he's clearly not a heretic, and we will welcome him back to the fold with open arms.

2. If he floats, he's clearly made of wood, and therefore should be burned.

3. No action will be taken against me for plagiarism of a well-known film.
                    1 & 2 makes sense but I protest against 3.

The defense for NS:

1) Where l***** goes, union soon follows. Once a player masters l***** they want a new challange and thus go to a more challanging code - rugby union.

2) Going on the above point l***** is similiar except easier and less mentally taxing.

3) There has never been mention of union in PNG. Also, l***** is better than AFL. Lawn Bowls is better than AFL.

4) Im a cheappo so I cant afford Fox.

... or a good lawyer
                    Last edited by NeoStar; August 15, 2002, 08:25.

Comment

• This meeting of the Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven Disciplinary Panel is adjourned to Havak's local and it's his shout!
                      Oh dear, I seem to have left my wallet at home.

Mmmm. People have underestimated my persistency before

Did I forget to add “if the Wallabies win the tri nations” after ‘long forgotten’?

Should I consider becoming a supporter? I mean, Derek Randall's eccentricity appealed to me
                      They are a team worthy of support I think. Generally a solid mid-table side like Reds or Waratahs who occasionally push the top boys. But with Smith at the helm who knows?

Randall by the way was Nottinghamshire rather than Northamptonshire but yes he was a sound laid back bloke. I guess I confused the issue with East Midlands but Northampton does consider itself an East Midlands town.

Support the Fez boys if you must but be warned it’s a rocky ride – persistant under-achievers.

Of course one team already flies your favourite colours…
                      It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• And now for the Eyewitnesses:

1) Where l***** goes, union soon follows. Once a player masters l***** they want a new challange and thus go to a more challanging code - rugby union.
                        D - In support of point (1) the defense calls up PNG born Mekere Morauta before the R-TGTPIH Disciplinary Committee. Mr Morauta, do you swear by this copy of The Australian Rugby Companion: The Game They Play in Heaven Edited and Autographed by Gordon Bray to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you God?

M - I do

D - Mr Morauta, do you play l******?

M - No. But I did once.

D - What do you now play?

M - Rugby Union.

D - Why is that so?

M - Because while l***** was a good game it soon became tiring and as such those of us with talent became involved in the more greater, more complex game of union.

D - Is this the trend in your nation?

M - Yes it is.

D - So thus was NS justified in saying it is good l***** is spreading?

M - Absolutely. Those of us new to the concept of footy usually lack the experiance to play union effectively from the onset and thus l***** provides a good go between.

D - And on that note, are the Wallabies the best team in the world?

M - They are heroes for our nation.

Thank you Mr Morauta. I rest my case.
                        Last edited by NeoStar; August 15, 2002, 08:56.

Comment

• Sorry, NeoStar, the Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven Disciplinary Panel adjourned half an hour ago to Havak's local where Havak punched out an 80 year old pensioner for looking longingly at Havak's vacant chair** while he (Havak) was at the bar getting the next round.

In effect, it's too little too late. And, besides, Havak scoffs at Gordon Bray.

**You should hunt back through the OT archives for one of our very early rugby threads in which the original incident - which I have exaggerated only mildly in the re-telling - is explained.
                          Last edited by finbar; August 15, 2002, 09:10.

Comment

Sorry, NeoStar, the Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven Disciplinary Panel adjourned half an hour ago to Havak's local where Havak punched out an 80 year old pensioner for looking longingly at Havak's vacant chair** while he (Havak) was at the bar getting the next round.

In effect, it's too little too late. And, besides, Havak scoffs at Gordon Bray.

So what the hell is the sentance?

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak
                              Oh dear, I seem to have left my wallet at home.
                              :massive guffaw:

They are a team worthy of support I think. Generally a solid mid-table side like Reds or Waratahs who occasionally push the top boys. But with Smith at the helm who knows?
                              I've put them on my list of possibles.

Randall by the way was Nottinghamshire rather than Northamptonshire but yes he was a sound laid back bloke. I guess I confused the issue with East Midlands but Northampton does consider itself an East Midlands town.
                              I always get Notts and Northants mixed up.

Support the Fez boys if you must but be warned it’s a rocky ride – persistant under-achievers.
                              It's just the eccentricity that appeals to me. But I'm not sure it would be enough to sustain me.

Of course one team already flies your favourite colours…
                              Sorry, had a speck in my eye, missed that para.

Comment

So what the hell is the sentance?
                                We're waiting for Havak to get back from the dunny - it was his shout again, y'see, and his bladder, strangely, seems to fail him around the time it's his shout - before we decide your sentence.

Oh, and don't hold your breath. Tamerlin's here, he knows how to knock the top off a bottle of Pernod, and, what's more, unlike Havak, his wallet isn't welded shut.

Comment

Working...
                                X