This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Caligastia
    Mitchell probably considers him to be part of a "working formula", but I really think he should get Kelleher more involved. I dont think Kelleher has started a single All blacks game this year.
    I think Tamerlin was close to the mark with his point about Mehrtens being the general and playmaker. That's the kind of game Kelleher prefers.

I wonder what Mitchell was thinking?
    A couple of things spring to mind. One: while fresh legs are very handy, it can take the fresh player a couple of touches to get up to speed and he didn't want to risk mishaps; two: he had complete confidence in the players on the field. The bottom line, I suppose, is that he was right - he didn't need to make replacements.

Havak, when are you heading over to NYC? I could tape the Umaga tackle and play it for you when you get over here...
    Turn it up, Cal, it has become abundantly clear that Havak is not interested in watching a replay of the incident. Just in case he has to admit that a NH ref made a complete and utter d*ck of himself.
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by NeoStar
      Hmm - I better stop even making reference to other sports
      THREAD REF: "Enough backchat on the matter, NeoStar, or you're in the bin!".
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• The media is paying way too much attention to the fool who tackled McHugh - now it seems he's got tickets for the Wallaby game!

The SA authorities have a solution though, stick posters of the fellow everywhere. They'd have to be bloody big posters...
        "Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)

Comment

The media is paying way too much attention to the fool who tackled McHugh - now it seems he's got tickets for the Wallaby game!

The SA authorities have a solution though, stick posters of the fellow everywhere. They'd have to be bloody big posters...
          Unfortunately the ban is pretty much unenforcable. Unless the venue staff spot him he will probably get in. I can easily envision a fight breaking out...
          ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
          ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Unfortunately the ban is pretty much unenforcable. Unless the venue staff spot him he will probably get in. I can easily envision a fight breaking out...
            The SARFU can also order to brand the forefront of the drunken fool, though a similar result can be obtained with a tattoo the result is less dissuasive.
            "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamerlin

The SARFU can also order to brand the forefront of the drunken fool, though a similar result can be obtained with a tattoo the result is less dissuasive.

Yes, an "I am an idiot" brand on his forehead would do the trick.

Comment

Yes, an "I am an idiot" brand on his forehead would do the trick.

I didn't knew what to brand/tattoo on the forefront of the fool.

"Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Can you believe there are actually supporters who defend this guy? In his home town he is looked upon as a hero. How disgusting. He is nothing but a thug.

Comment

• Hey Tamerlin - don't forget that 10 Civ Gold is still on offer. From memory, Puccini only wrote 10 operas. That's a one in ten chance.

Comment

• Havak - after the Bath balls-up, Mark Connors is off to Northampton. How do they rate?

Comment

• And they want to pay for his legal fees

Hey Havak, at least us Aussies ain't that bad

He took the front page of sport today on the Telegraph (and I mean the whole page - that bloke is FAT) -what about the upcoming game!? Aaah! Stop doing stories about an idiot!

Don't worry I think they can spot him. They'll feel the ground shaking before that though ...

BTW - Caligastia, your signature may be good and profound, but I think I've beaten you there

Hey Tamerlin - don't forget that 10 Civ Gold is still on offer. From memory, Puccini only wrote 10 operas. That's a one in ten chance.
                        (Psst - Tamerlin, maybe its Madame Butterfly.)
                        Last edited by NeoStar; August 14, 2002, 20:59.
                        "Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)

Comment

(Psst - Tamerlin, maybe its Madame Butterfly.)
                          Nuh, it's not Madama Butterfly. There you go, Tamerlin, NeoStar's reduced the possibilities to 9 for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar
                            Hey Tamerlin - don't forget that 10 Civ Gold is still on offer. From memory, Puccini only wrote 10 operas. That's a one in ten chance.
                            Thanks for your help NeoStar.

Unfortunately I'am nor an opera fan nor a classical music lover, there are only two operas I really know and I appreciate which are Don Giovanni and The Enchanted Flute. You should better ask me about AC/DC and Rose Tattoo, two bands with which I have discovered Hard Rock music ("Highway to Hell" is the first LP I have bought something like 23 years ago) when I was much younger.

I could look into an encyclopedia and list you the operas written by Puccini but I won't do it as I don't consider this as fair. Because of my lack of general culture in that matter I don't deserve these 10 Civ Gold.

Jaiiiiiiiiilbreak...

Comment

Can you believe there are actually supporters who defend this guy? In his home town he is looked upon as a hero. How disgusting. He is nothing but a thug.
                              I agree with you Caligastia its appalling, as soon as he is branded his hometown should be nuked and the individual should be sendt naked in the townships.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamerlin
                                Unfortunately I'am nor an opera fan nor a classical music lover, there are only two operas I really know and I appreciate which are Don Giovanni and The Enchanted Flute.
                                Yeah, that Mozart guy knew how to write a tune and a lyric, didn't he?

You should better ask me about AC/DC and Rose Tattoo, two bands with which I have discovered Hard Rock music ("Highway to Hell" is the first LP I have bought something like 23 years ago) when I was much younger.
                                Jeepers! You're taking me back a few years with AC/DC and Rose Tattoo. I saw them both live playing in the local pubs when they were just starting out. I don't think I've ever heard anything as loud as Rose Tattoo playing live. I couldn't hear for a week afterwards.

I could look into an encyclopedia and list you the operas written by Puccini but I won't do it as I don't consider this as fair. Because of my lack of general culture in that matter I don't deserve these 10 Civ Gold.
                                It's okay, Tamerlin, you can use an encyclopedia. Or even an internet search engine. After all, you know Mozart's two nicest operas!

Jaiiiiiiiiilbreak...
                                IT'S A LONG WA-A-A-A-A-A-Y TO THE TOP IF YOU WANNA ROCK'N'ROL-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L!

Comment

Working...
                                X