Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Q Cubed
    you know what the sad thing is?

usually, immigrants which want to become citizens and actually study for the citizenship exam...

they often know more about the us than native borns.

and even though most of those assimilate, they often also retain their own tongues and cultures.
    Even sadder is the fact that while I am of this kind. I know more about the US than about Greece and I could tell you more about your history and geography, damned I had an A+ in english lit in my senior year (ages ago) but still the US gov't and the INS would not allow me to officially immigrate to the US. At the same time suspected terrorists and known war crriminals have been granted visas and green cards and taken up life in the US (some of the 9/11 terrorsists for example) !!! This is another example of how if you do everything right you get screwed.

Anyway there were ways for me to stay after I graduated but not a direct way, so I decided to leave and come here.

Now I fly over once in a while and get to enjoy the US as a tourist, I do put up my name in the visa lottery though, you never know!

So long...
    Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
    Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
    Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Working...
    X