3D Art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D Art

Well the past few weeks I've started to fiddle around with 3D Studio Max 4.2 and I'm now starting to create some pieces. So I thought I'd share them with you.

I call this 'regret'
    Attached Files

That's actually a really good picture for a novice. I've played around with 3DSMax lately as well, but nothing looks as good as that.

My basic kludgey realtime 3D engine can do light + smoke + textures now though.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I'm getting pretty bored with my CS degree, and don't know whether I could fully enjoy a job as a systems analyst/application programmer. So depending on how my second year goes I may consider changing to a 3D Modelling/Animation degree.

Comment

You seem like you're more of the art type than the mathy type anyway.

Art is becoming more important now in the gaming industry...
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

How did you obtain that photograph of me at work?!
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Feel free to upload the .3ds scene somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              Feel free to upload the .3ds scene somewhere.
              I'll do that tomorrow. It's 4am at the moment and I'm working at 9 so I better get some sleep.

Comment

I'm impressed... not only did you do a good job, but it shows you have an eye for it...
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

that picture reminds me of a shot from a diablo2 cut movie. awesome work

Comment

Wow... nice job

I'm only good with things that can be modelled using surfaces of revolution cause that's just how my math mind works hehe

(hence the bullets - surfaces of revolution)
                    Civilization3
                    This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
                    If the problem persists, please contact the program vendor.
                    Blah!

Comment

http://www.uncade.netfirms.com/jail_cell.3ds is link to scene

Comment

Did you make the human or does it come with 3DSMax?
                        Civilization3
                        Blah!

Comment

I'd like to learn 3D art some day. Unfortunantly I'm not too good at regular art.
                          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

It's imported from a Counterstrike model. It has to be animated manually though which is a pain staking task. I'm working on creating my own human model. I'm about 50% of the way there. It's taken 2 days so far.

Comment

Yeah the only thing really hindering me in modelling is my complete inability to make models (lol)... maybe it would help if I could get a picture drawn under the grid while I create the polygons.

Making that prism for the 7.62mm mauser stripper clip was no fun at all, and I've yet to figure out a way to make it curve like a real clip heh.

I wish everything consisted of surfaces of revolution (with minimal CSGs )
                              Civilization3
                              Blah!

Comment

Working...
                              X