No announcement yet.

Ahh, Americans and their ADD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back en Texas, we use sta talk so loud that the cattle be rustled just by the sound of ar names.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Verto

Actually, the Texan stereotype accent is gone. It's been lost in the wave of Mexicans coming across the border.
      Sure, there's far more mexicans in Texas than there were 20 years ago. But they haven't made us lose our culture. Texas is alive and well. And before you say it, it is a myth that most mexicans are illegals. The vast majorityu of them have come to this state through legal immigration.
      http://www.ststs.com/CGI_BIN/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=cut
      Dan Severn of the Loose Cannon Alliance
      ------------------------
      ¡Mueran todos los Reyes!

Comment

Speaking of ADD...

...yet another Apolyton threadjacking
        "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
        ^ The Poly equivalent of:
        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Severn

Oh, kiss my ass, verto.

Sure, there's far more mexicans in Texas than there were 20 years ago. But they haven't made us lose our culture. Texas is alive and well. And before you say it, it is a myth that most mexicans are illegals. The vast majorityu of them have come to this state through legal immigration.
          That's right! You tell 'em JR!
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Maybe you have something to prove this?

Haven't lost our culture? We've surrendered it by printing everything in Spanish and THEN English and by celebrating Cinco de Mayo in schools - do they celebrate America's freedom in Mexico?

Speaking of ADD...

...yet another Apolyton threadjacking
            wait...I forgot what I was laughing about...

Comment

Originally posted by Verto

Maybe you have something to prove this?

Haven't lost our culture? We've surrendered it by printing everything in Spanish and THEN English and by celebrating Cinco de Mayo in schools - do they celebrate America's freedom in Mexico?

wait...I forgot what I was laughing about...
              Nothing I see in my area printed in spanish at all. And they don't celebrate mexico's independance from france, unless serving beans and rice in the cafeteria is "celebrating." BTW: Just because the majority on the census claims to be hispanic doesn't mean anything. Anyone can claim to be hispanic since it isn't really a race or ethnicity. But people do have advantages when applying for high-level jobs or universities if they claim to be hispanic.
              ------------------------
              ¡Mueran todos los Reyes!

Comment

Nothing I see in my area printed in spanish at all.
                Where do you live that you don't see anything in Spanish? Everything is printed with Spanish and English. Brochures at banks and libraries are printed with both spanish and english, public schools do the same. Buy anything from Wal-Mart that requires instructions, and you get about four languages.

They DO celebrate Cinco de Mayo, at least they did in my school in Houston, and they do the same in Dallas.

BTW, hear about the illegal aliens they found in the 18 wheeler today? The criminals(that is what they are) are being taken to hospitals where they will be treated, and I wonder who gets to pay for that? AND they were taken to Salvation Army.

Did youknow it's illegal for teachers to ask their students whether or not they are illegal aliens?

Comment

I live in Brazos County. To give ye an Idea where that is, make a triangle from San Antonio, Houston, and Dallas. Right in the middle of that triangle. It is the Home of Texas A&M university, where there are 44,000 students. There's quite a few mexicans, but we don't celebrate may 5, and few people even have a clue about sptember 16. Sadly, no-one sems to know March 2, either. Houston is home to huge numbers of illegals, so that would explain your situation. And I agree that illegal aleins are criminals, but they shouldn't be allowed to die- it's not that bad a crime.

BTW: The only place I see two language signs is the police station.
                  ------------------------
                  ¡Mueran todos los Reyes!

Comment

College Station isn't in the middle of a triangle made up of SA, Houston, and Dallas. I live in Spring, which is on Houston's northern border. I have the same representative in congress as those who live near Texas A&M.
                    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I used to live in League City, which is between Houston and Galveston, and there, as well as in Denton, where I live now(north of Dallas), everything was printed in spanish and english.

Oh well, enough with Texas geography, i'll let this thread go back on topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                        College Station isn't in the middle of a triangle made up of SA, Houston, and Dallas. I live in Spring, which is on Houston's northern border. I have the same representative in congress as those who live near Texas A&M.
                        Well, it's a bit to the south, and the east. But close enough. Besides, I live in Wellborn.

Did you go to Spring-Westfield? If so, thanks for stopping us on our way to state.
                        ------------------------
                        ¡Mueran todos los Reyes!

Comment

Did you go to Spring-Westfield? If so, thanks for stopping us on our way to state.
                          No. I'm a senior at St. Thomas High near downtown Houston on Memorial and Shepard. I take a Metro bus to school using the Spring Park & Ride so I travel not too far from Westfield every day I go to school. I've even been there twice for debate tournaments. I wouldn't go there if I went to public school. I'd go to Oak Ridge High. I live in the part of Spring in Montgomery County, right accross from The Woodlands.

Most everything on Metro buses are in English and Spanish.
                          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                          X