No announcement yet.

Britons Voted World’s Worst Tourists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I traveled to Spain recently with my family the only Spanish terms we wrote down before we went was "Pint of beer" and "Bacon sandwhich", which proved very useful during our stay.
    Shores Of Valinor.com - The Premier Tolkien Community -

Comment

According to this survey, Belgium does not have tourists.
      veni vidi PWNED!

Comment

It doesn't. It has victims.
        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Oh sure, everyone loves and welcomes the Germans as tourists, but raise a stink if they bring a few tanks and bombers along...
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Hmm.. there's some logic, because i always end up having a good old time with brits when travelling. In bars that is.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

We Brits are really bad tourists - for some reason most of use believe everyone should learn English and the English tourist even says "They'll understand if you speak LOUDER" in the Tropico add-on. My friend did it in Spain - I just wanted to smack him

We get loads of foreign tourists here (and hundreds of Japanese students round the college). The Japanese are polite but will hog anything to do with technology for hours on end. We've had a lot of Arabic students (no women, just men) at the college and around the town in general. They are EXREMELY annoying. They talk ridiculously loudly, deliberately block entrances, litter and seem even worse than British tourists, which is saying something.

Comment

Where are the Australians?
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

When I went to Europe recently, most of the (fellow) American tourists I met there were stupid and annoying. However, they were also slutty young thangs, so all in all they were probably a positive experience for whatever Italian fellow was lucky enough to stumble into one in a bar.

Generally, only the Portuguese truly hated all Americans, and that was mostly because we beat them in football.
                  <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Jealousy. The world is jealous of the British and our money.

Looks like there's no reason to be jealous of germans or Americans though.
                    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

@ Boddington's

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I think if the criteria included "annoyance factor" the Japanese and Americans would be much lower on the list. Japanese for their tendancy to travel in massive packs and Americans mostly for ignorance. I ran into a lot of really dumb Americans when I was travelling through Europe. They sure annoyed the hell out of me.

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

americans are the best tourists because they're old (hence dont drink etc)

apart from that there's really no absolutes... at least from my experience.

Comment

Old? *boggle* I suppose they would be older, on average, than Brits or other European tourists because it costs more to get from the US to Europe than it does to travel from one European country to another. I was 20, though, so I buck the "old" trend if there is one.

apart from that there's really no absolutes... at least from my experience.
                          Quite true. No absolutes.

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

AH should be banned.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                              AH should be banned.
                              That certainly came out of nowhere...
                              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger

That certainly came out of nowhere...
                                But its just good cleaN FUN ...
                                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
                                X