No announcement yet.

Britons Voted World’s Worst Tourists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Ron, your saying its not our fault were horrible, its our descendants. Well im ok with that. As long as we dont blame ourselves for being just plain horrid when we go abroad!

Comment

No. I'm saying it's entirely our fault and that we should be proud of it. We're relentlessly nice to tourists when they show up here, so we're entitled to drink too much, vomit copiously and attempt to share our lukewarm plebspunk with any takers.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Jeremy
        We're relentlessly nice to tourists when they show up here
        Um...er...we are?

Comment

Japanese tourists are, on the whole, incredibly irritating. They were an absolute nightmare when I was in Switzerland a couple of years back... travelling in packs and block pre-booking everything so that anyone else that wanted to do something had to wait for ****ing ages.
          Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Germans leave out towels, Brits leave out beer cans.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Finns take beer (and other) glasses. From bars.
              You make my life and times
              A book of bluesy Saturdays

Comment

A couple of years ago, the British Council did a worldwide survey to determine what the perceptions of Brits were around the globe. The number 1 preception? "They're a bunch of drunks." Not exactly popular tourist fodder.

(Unless, of course, you're a horny local Cypriot/Spaniard/Greek/Turk. Then that drunkenness has certain, um, advantages )
                "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

I must say that when I was on the ferry to and from Amsterdam last year I was incredibly embarrassed by the conduct of the British tourists on the boat and hated to think that I would be lumped in with them. They were drunken, disorderly, making lots of noise and rude to people who asked them to quieten down in their drunken packs. I can understand the result, they were hideously embarrassing.

And yes, other tourists. I remember the hordes in Oxford. They always got in the f**king way, their groups seeming to form picket lines at every point in the city where people needed to pass. In the end you almost felt like just letting fists fly to get through them
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

you're not alone. My countrymen aren't much better . loud, disrepectful , ignorant.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

This is the criteria

politeness; willingness to learn the lingo; enthusiasm to try the local delicacies; and how much money they put into the local economy
                      Another load of crap, from my experience living in Europe and North America the only way that list makes sense is by the last factor, MONEY.
                      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Dalgetti: ...+telling everyone they're the chosen people, wherever they go

Comment

no they don't. sounds more like you guys .
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Uhmmm
                            Interesting enough we are 4th, I thought Italians would have outperformed British in rudeness....

Better for us

Saluti
                            "Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else.
                            The trick is the doing something else."
                            — Leonardo da Vinci
                            "If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
                            "In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio

Comment

• Germans rank highest for attempting to speak the local language, ...

This is a joke, right?
                              Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                              And notifying the next of kin
                              Once again...

Comment

I'm going to cast my vote for Japanese girls, age 16-35. I went to the Grand Canyon last year... HOLY SH!T, I have never seen a more annoying brand of human being. Do not go with them to anything remotely comedic. Their incescent laughing is enough to make you want to jump into the Canyon.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X