Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the biggest mistake ever done by your country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, as a matter of fact it was. My choice was between slavery and what was done to the Native Americans. Since I think England, as the colonial parent, has to share in the blame for the NA genocide (though most of it is on us), I chose slavery. Either is a valid choice, really.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by aaglo
      I'm not going to start the A-bomb-rant here. Not anywhere.

But how about the genocide of the indians? Wasn't that a big mistake?
      Not according to faded glory
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

reinstating the monarchy was a big one, as well as screwing up Africa, the middle east, India and Pakistan (to name a few) with our Imperialism
        "Per Ardua ad Astra"

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

Err... though it's a nitpick: it wasn't "millions."

Second, though I think in retrospect that the decision to drop the bomb on Hiroshima was wrong (I would have preferred a warning blast first),
          I agree, a mid-air blast ten-twenty miles off the coast would have been a much better demonstration.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin

I agree, a mid-air blast ten-twenty miles off the coast would have been a much better demonstration.
            Yes, but then you wouldn´t have had the oppurtunity to inspect the damage it inflicted on living tissue. Why else would the Hiroshima bomb be uranium based and the Nagasaki bomb be plutonium based?

And why would the US have refused Japans wishes to sign a peace treaty in the summer of ´45? Before the bombs were finished?

Sorry, didn´t mean to turn this into another US-bashing thread...

Comment

it wasn't "millions."
              Yeah, you're right. Oops. I oughta get my facts straight before i post.

Just out of interest, why did it take two bombs to make Japan surrender? And then seeing as they didn't surrender after the first, how did their situation change to make them surrender after the second?

Comment

Since I already started... Japan was already beaten in the early summer of ´45. The US just wanted some guinea pigs for a live A-bomb testing. And to show the russians that you didn´t **** with the US else you get an A-bomb up your ass...

I refer you to
                this article written by former CIA-agent William Blum

andthis page which has several very interesting articles despite the apparent trolling with the american nazi flag and all...

Comment

KX, what country are you from? I never figured that...

didn't read this thread either, and I'm drunk now

Comment

Alberta
                    " Conceit, arrogance, and egotism are the essentials of patriotism." - Emma Goldman

William Seward Burroughs
                    February 5, 1914 - August 2, 1997 R.I.P. Uncle Bill, you are missed.

Comment

Blisterz, you have the same avatar as Dr Stiby I think

So who of you is that gay guy, again? Sorry I always get confused when people use standard avatars

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                        Blisterz, you have the same avatar as Dr Stiby I think

So who of you is that gay guy, again? Sorry I always get confused when people use standard avatars

If you are talking about the over sexed slutty guy that sleeps with just about anything... that would be me

hehe
                        " Conceit, arrogance, and egotism are the essentials of patriotism." - Emma Goldman

William Seward Burroughs
                        February 5, 1914 - August 2, 1997 R.I.P. Uncle Bill, you are missed.

Comment

the one who's in his early twenties, has had several women before and is now in his first gay relationship?

Comment

Ecth, I´m from Sweden, so I´m not far away...

Comment

Good. Are you all those different girls in your avatar icons?

Comment

Eeh, I think there´s only one girl... And no, I´m not she. I wish... If I were I wouldn´t be able to take my hands off me

In fact it´s the same girl (with another hair colour) that Paiktis has as his avatar.

Comment

Working...
                                X