No announcement yet.

When in Trouble, Blame a Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't be surprised if you think misandry means "anyone who disagrees with men's rights groups."

By the way, check out my post on that weather thread. I am interested about your daughter's problems.
    Golfing since 67

Comment

Completed suicides, U.S., 1999*

Suicide was the 11th leading cause of death in the United States.
      It was the 8th leading cause of death for males, and 19th leading cause of death for females.
      The total number of suicide deaths was 29,199.
      The 1999 age-adjusted rate** was 10.7/100,000, or 0.01%.
      1.3% of total deaths were from suicide. By contrast, 30.3% were from diseases of the heart, 23% were from malignant neoplasms (cancer), and 7% from cerebrovascular disease (stroke), the three leading causes.
      Suicide outnumbered homicides (16,899) by 5 to 3.
      There were twice as many deaths due to suicide than deaths due to HIV/AIDS (14,802).
      There were almost exactly the same number of suicides by firearm (16,889) as homicides (16,599).
      Suicide by firearms was the most common method for both men and women, accounting for 57% of all suicides.
      More men than women die by suicide.
      The gender ratio is 4:1.
      72% of all suicides are committed by white men.
      79% of all firearm suicides are committed by white men.
      Among the highest rates (when categorized by gender and race) are suicide deaths for white men over 85, who had a rate of 59/100,000.
      Suicide was the 3rd leading cause of death among young people 15 to 24 years of age, following unintentional injuries and homicide. The rate was 10.3/100,000, or .01%.
      The suicide rate among children ages 10-14 was 1.2/100,000, or 192 deaths among 19,608,000 children in this age group.
      The 1999 gender ratio for this age group was 4:1 (males: females).
      The suicide rate among adolescents aged 15-19 was 8.2/100,000, or 1,615 deaths among 19,594,000 adolescents in this age group.
      The 1999 gender ratio for this age group was 5:1 (males: females).
      Among young people 20 to 24 years of age the suicide rate was 12.7/100,000, or 2,285 deaths among 17,594,000 people in this age group.
      The 1999 gender ratio for this age group was 6:1 (males: females).
      Attempted Suicides

No annual national data on attempted suicide are available; reliable scientific research, however, has found that:
      There are an estimated 8-25 attempted suicides to one completion; the ratio is higher in women and youth and lower in men and the elderly
      More women than men report a history of attempted suicide, with a gender ratio of 3:1
      The strongest risk factors for attempted suicide in adults are depression, alcohol abuse, cocaine use, and separation or divorce
      The strongest risk factors for attempted suicide in youth are depression, alcohol or other drug use disorder, and aggressive or disruptive behaviors
      “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
      Or do we?

Comment

She is fine so far thanks for asking Taki. Her hives seem to have subsided and the rash is fading slowly. She is in good spirits we just came back from icecream at the local hotspot They all love her there she's the life of the night life hey we could not have a day so why not a night
        “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
        Or do we?

Comment

Originally posted by Tingkai
          I wouldn't be surprised if you think misandry means "anyone who disagrees with men's rights groups."
          I full well know what it means take note I rarely us it...
          Or do we?

Comment

It's a big problem. I think we're in agreement there.

One of the reasons we're not dealing with suicides is that the media doesn't report them. In the past, mental health experts convinced the media that reporting suicides leads to copycat suicides. That attitude is now changing with mental health experts trying to get suicides covered, yet done in a way that minimizes copycats.
            Golfing since 67

Comment

Originally posted by blackice
              She is fine so far thanks for asking Taki. Her hives seem to have subsided and the rash is fading slowly. She is in good spirits we just came back from icecream at the local hotspot They all love her there she's the life of the night life hey we could not have a day so why not a night
              Of course she's in good spirits, Ice cream = health food.

Good to hear she feeling better.
              Golfing since 67

Comment

Response to both post's
                Or do we?

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                  The high number of suicides, by men and women, in North America needs to be addressed

Our (both Canada and US) suicide rate is lower than Europe's...
                  By far baltics lead the way there I think 21.1 per 100,000 as opposed to 10-12 per 100,000 here.
                  Or do we?

Comment

Working...
                  X