No announcement yet.

When in Trouble, Blame a Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your thinking is quite shallow (rubbish).

John is an excuse (scapegoat) (reason for her actions) it is in the news, everywhere.

John is being deemed the man who abused this woman to crime.

John put up the house for the bond of 600,000. John has held the household and watched the kids. John has paid the bills seen to the daily duties of the house and kids. John at least with action loves his wife and kids.

You need to think more.
    Last edited by blackice; July 10, 2002, 22:06.
    “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
    Or do we?

Comment

John is being investigated it is in the news, everywhere.

John is being deemed the man who abused this woman to crime.
      Care to provide a link to back this up (to a news source, not a columnist with an axe to grind bigger than what Paul Bunyan carried)? As I said awhile back, I haven't seen anything like this in the news.
      "THE" plus "IRS" makes "THEIRS". Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Little
        Care to provide a link to back this up (to a news source, not a columnist with an axe to grind bigger than what Paul Bunyan carried)? As I said awhile back, I haven't seen anything like this in the news.

My error it should have read "excuse" not "investigated". The line has been edited.

Right from the onset she blamed a man in a mini van then her husband's letter made her do it. According to her family it was a love letter. The point is why bring her husband into it? What is all the talk about abuse? An excuse as the writter apply puts it. An all to common one these days...

Axe to grind?
        “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
        Or do we?

Comment

Originally posted by blackice
          My error it should have read "excuse" not "investigated". The line has been edited.

Right from the onset she blamed a man in a mini van then her husband's letter made her do it. According to her family it was a love letter. The point is why bring her husband into it? What is all the talk about abuse? An excuse as the writter apply puts it. An all to common one these days...

Axe to grind?
          At first I thought you might have a point. Several of the reports describe the husband as a drunk and abusive. Was this true or is it just the friends of the woman making these claims.

But the last link is a story that quotes the guy's father who says his son is abusive and an alcoholic. The guy was also convicted of drunk driving.

Is this relevant? Yes. People want to know why a forestry worker started a fire. We try to look for causes. This is of particular interest when the person has so many supporters.

Is the husband responsible for the woman's actions or to blame? No.

Does the behaviour of the husband help explain the woman's actions? Maybe.

If the woman had an alcoholic mother, would the story be covered the same way? Yes.

And there you have the crux of the situation. This is not about blaming a man just because he's a man, this is about trying to someone else to blame.
          Golfing since 67

Comment

And he is the husband...The man your point again? She did not blame her sister, mother or the person she claimed abused her as a child which would explain all. ( Common cry)

She blamed her husband a man...He did drink yes, was he abusive towards her? I don't know you? The point is it is all to common to blame the man...

She did it according to her what ever reason she had she did it.

Why blame the man? Sympathy, lighter sentence, public outcry, status quo. You call it all of it has happened so far. I'll wait for sentencing to continue this, justice I wait to see.
            Or do we?

Comment

No, I'm serious blackice. What's he going to go to prison for? Is it an offence to bear testicles in your neighbourhood?

It's called a "sob story", incidentally, and just about all criminals who know they're going to get found guilty do it. Even ones who don't have ovaries. I still don't see an evil conspiracy.

Or is it shallow to question news stories? If it is, I'm practically transparent. Still, better to be see-through than thick....
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Why blame the man? Sympathy, lighter sentence, public outcry, status quo. You call it all of it has happened so far. I'll wait for sentencing to continue this, justice I wait to see.
                Oh come on. Criminals routinely try to blame someone: the husband, the wife, the parents, the teachers, society, and even the victim (she was asking for it).
                Golfing since 67

Comment

All good and well now back your claims show me one news article, case etc where the wife was blamed for a crime. Good luck.

the husband: All too common and the reason for the article. You have to live in a closet not to see this.

the wife: Provide even one link to this I will buy you a beer.

the parents: Yes on the rare occassion a bad upbringing or abuse comes up, 9 times out of ten the woman claims this defence not the man. Excuses on top of that the abusive person was the father.

the teachers: heh possibly I have never heard it you if so provide the link.

society: reaching for straws name one and provide the link.

and even the victim (she was asking for it): All to common in rape and assualt cases agreed. Mind you this is as old as the hills because for the last 15 years this does not wash in a court of law anymore. Laws have been written now to protect the victem from this type of defence. Nice try but old news.

Do not delude yourselves do some reseach it is obvious you have no idea.
                  Or do we?

Comment

All good and well now back your claims show me one news article, case etc where the wife was blamed for a crime. Good luck.

Do not delude yourselves do some reseach it is obvious you have no idea.
                    Rose West

Myra Hindley

Charlene Gallego

Elizabeth Bathory

There's 4. Not all women acting alone, but certainly cases where the woman is blamed for a murder or murders.

Anyway, back to my question again. What's he going to be imprisoned for?

Comment

While I'm waiting, here are some more cases. I know you only asked for one, but why waste a good thing?

Mary Bell

Madame Lalaurie

Mary Ann Cotton

Comment

They are so what you are saying is in these cases the wife was blamed for the crime? Even thought the man did it? Where?

For instance in your first story
                        To protect Rose, Fred claimed responsibility for the murders himself
                        and

As the case developed, Rose abandoned Fred to save herself. She tried to position herself as the victim of a murderous man, but she was not particularly convincing. Police worked continuously to tie her in to the crimes.

The bodies of Rena, Anna McFall and Charmaine were found as Fred continued to cooperate with the police. On the Mary Bastholm case, Fred decided to quit cooperating and her body was not found.

At their joint hearing, Fred attempted to console Rose, but she avoided his touch. She told the police he made her sick. The great partnership in crime was over.

In fact this story fits what I am saying to a tee to free herself Rose "claimed" to be the victim of Fred.

I will not bother with the rest obviously you do not understand what is being said here.
                        Last edited by blackice; July 12, 2002, 11:22.
                        Or do we?

Comment

Rose may have claimed to be the Sugar Plum Fairy, but the fact remains that she's serving a life sentence with no chance of parole. You see, she may have come up with a sob story, but society, the media, the jury and the Judge didn't buy it.

As will probably prove to be the case with the fires. I understood perfectly, blackice.

Comment

Actually there was great debates about it in the public and media. It was not until she took the stand that she hung herself. If you read the stories about this one you will see that is the case.

As for the fire we will wait and see. The jail terms handed out so far for others has been quite harsh. In her case they say it should be the harshest yet, we will wait and see.

Bottom line as with many others the man was blamed bottom line.
                            Or do we?

Comment

Another day.... this same thread....
                              A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

Like so many more out there have you posted thre same thing in all of them?
                                Or do we?

Comment

Working...
                                X