• Show
Clear All

• Harry Potter is Evil

Click Here

And

Discuss.
    HAVE A DAY.
    <--- Quote by Former U.S. President Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt
    "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
    For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

The scary thing is, you're serious!
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Are you really serious
      I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

Harry Potter is a story a fiction, so he is not real so he can not be dangerous to anyone as people who read the books, know that it is fiction!
        Play the Demo Games!!
        Running for Foreign Minister in the 3rd Civ2 Single Human Play game!!
        Vote for the experience, Vote for me!!

Comment

It is scary that the moral extremists are taking this stance seriously.

And indeed it is only fiction, and harmless.

I am one who believes that Harry Potter has done more good for the world than harm, since it seems to have become the only book children actually enjoy reading.

I can tell you, my youngest brother was nearly illiterate throughout Primary school. Were it not for Harry Potter, he'd have a hell of a hard time reading. Kinda wish Harry Potter was around when I was young enough to be into that kind of thing.
          "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
          "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
          "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I bet if we didn't have laws against it, CLoud9 and his followers would burn the Harry Potter author at the stake.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Why is evil a bad thing?
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

that is unfair

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Evil is a bad thing because it causes harm to people.

Harry Potter is NOT evil, as it doesn't harm anyone.

Evil IMHO is doing things to intentionally harm another, not what the all-mighty god says is evil.
                  "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                  "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                  "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Can Clould9 come up with an original troll, or does he have to rely on fundie sources?

Inquiring mind wants to know
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

If you think Harry Potter is evil, check out my presentation of the ultimate "orphan-to-wizard-in-training" book, Krabat by Otfried Preussler. The presentation is located in the thread about the fifth HP book, started by monolith94.
                      Wiio's First Law: Communication usually fails, except by accident.

Comment

boy, it's sort of sad that millions of people would want to escape to some fantasy world where the supernatural reigns supreme and magic is all powerful. How far from the truth they have all been lead.

I'm of course talking about Christian fundies
                        ku eshte shpata eshte feja
                        Where the Sword is, There lies religion

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                          I bet if we didn't have laws against it, CLoud9 and his followers would burn the Harry Potter author at the stake.
                          Oh no, that is totally immoral. But I bet you'd burn Christians at the stake.
                          HAVE A DAY.
                          "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
                          For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Comment

From the linked article:
                            Yet God is clear in Scripture that any practice of magic is an "abomination" to him. God doesn't distinguish between "white" and "dark" magic since they both originate from the same source.
                            Turning water into wine?
                            Parting seas?
                            Raising the dead?
                            Summoning a plague of locusts?
                            Turning sticks into snakes?

I could go on...

What's so ironic about this is that these guys think the Harry Potter books are evil only because they prefer another book: one which includes all of the above and also endorses genocide, eternal torture, the punishment of innocents for the crimes of others, human sacrifice...

Comment

Originally posted by LordAzreal
                              It is scary that the moral extremists are taking this stance seriously.

And indeed it is only fiction, and harmless.

I am one who believes that Harry Potter has done more good for the world than harm, since it seems to have become the only book children actually enjoy reading.

I can tell you, my youngest brother was nearly illiterate throughout Primary school. Were it not for Harry Potter, he'd have a hell of a hard time reading. Kinda wish Harry Potter was around when I was young enough to be into that kind of thing.
                              Quote from the article:
                              'I don't think people fully realize what they're dealing with, and I think anyone who knows anything about spiritual warfare knows those books can open the door to spiritual bondage.' 'And I think it's worse that children are the target,' said Jessica Ruemler, a buyer for Living Water. 'It opens the doors for young minds. You put sorcery in, what do you expect to get out?'"
                              Yeah, good question. What do you expect to get out? Children are not born knowing right from wrong. They have to be taught by trial and error. When a child does wrong you punish the child. It's as simple as that.
                              HAVE A DAY.

Comment

Working...
                              X