Don't ignore Greek terrorism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axi, I dont think so.

These weapons, if they get them this way, they can be traced.

Albanians and Kosovars will simply talk to the man that gives them more money.

Remember that the arsenal of 17N came almost exclusively from the raids to military and police bases.

And there was thus no links to trace them.

Comment

my worst fear is that all this will create a backlash.

angloamericans, as is amply demonstrated here, dont know what they are doing. and it seems they have us by the balls.

Comment

NEWS FLASH: telephone call for a bomb in evangelismos...!

the hospital where Xiros is held.

Comment

They could just steal the stuff, just as they did in Greece. It's just a smaller risk to steal from out of the country. In Greece they can no longer repeat the stunts they pulled in 1988-1990.
          "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
          George Orwell

Comment

Well if they go to Albania there isnt even going to be a guard in their posts.

Some years back some Greek soldiers in the border decided on their own to do a small raid for fun in the albanian border with Greece. The albanian guards surrendered immidieatly, their guns didnt work and the baracks with their weapons was unguarded.

It would be a new twist if 17N stole from Albania...

But they'd have to steal rocket launchers and other heavy weaponry...

Still you are right if they steal them, they cant be traced.

Comment

question: the police has detained without charge some people. did it have the right to do that BEFORE the anti-terrorist law came to effect?...

questions, questions.

also the angloamericans will not hesitate for a moment to turn Greece into a war zone by pressuring the government if it serves their interests, as you know. (im talking about possible backlash of 17N)

Comment

"Now if americans interfered in the Junta in Greece,"

You should be grateful to America for it's role in Greek politics. Through the Marshall Plan we built up your country, and we worked to save your country from communism. The reason you are free to spew whatever crap you want is because of America.

"
                For example I agree with the NATO is history part."

Go ahead and withdraw. That way Turkey(With the help of it's ally Israel) can finally re-occupy Greece.
                "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

You fought communism for your own sake. with Europe red, US was next.

you help ovethrow the greek democracy

Turkey already tries that with your blessing.

so all in all you are more of a curse than a blessing.

Comment

and the reason I am free to talk is the fighters that teared down the dictatorship which you imposed.

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                      "

You should be grateful to America for it's role in Greek politics. Through the Marshall Plan we built up your country, and we worked to save your country from communism. The reason you are free to spew whatever crap you want is because of America.

Thank you master, thank you...

"
                      For example I agree with the NATO is history part."

Go ahead and withdraw. That way Turkey(With the help of it's ally Israel) can finally re-occupy Greece.
                      Now that I would like to see!

Do never forget that Greece has given this world it's light... Imagine that if we took all the greek wordes out of your language you wouldn't be able to complete a coherent sentence.

On the other side we did kick the italians butts for about six months, thus diverting Hitler's trooops from other areas and gave the allies time to breathe. Although according to Cage the italians were more interested in mandolins and girls... that and some other feats that we have in our history will surely show you that it wont be easy for anybody to conquer us.

On the other side you did help us with the Marshall Plan to keep the reds out, for your own reasons of course (which suited us fiine!! ).

Now I do not feel that "American Imperialism" is necessarily bad. I am not a fanatic and I am glad that it's the Americans that keep a lot of things in tact. Mind you I've lived longer in the States than in Greece and I know American history much better than I do our own.

But I do not like people saying that my country harbors terrorists, is unsafe because of them, or that Greeks are terrorists. I will repeat, as millions of tourists will surely can assure you, it's a very friendly country with very warm people that welcome our visitors. (Ok, don't get started with the newly arrived illegal immigrants from Albania, etc.).

In my senior year I lived out in St. Louis and people stayed away from parts of downtown and of course East St. Louis because they were afraid now that is something taht you willl not find in any european city and you guys know it.

Keep also in mind that any terrorist attack, from whoever, wherever it's a threat to our liberties and our rights. People that do that ought to be caught and sent to Mars or some place where they will never come back into our society.
                      Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
                      Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
                      Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

BEFORE the anti-terrorist law came to effect
                        i think it's already in effect
                        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by seraphin
                          @ned

im from FRG.

indeed....especially I want you out

you commit industrial espionage to us in its worst possible ways and on the other hand you abuse yr time by worrying about interference in our internal affairs by nato?!?
                          we dont need "european armed forces: we have seen enough war crimes in europe ,we dont need to start our owns around the globe as you do!
                          btw:for us resources are not that important ,cause we kept word and made kyoto become true...and our economy (which u blame near death on yr global low-iq tv channels every day is strong enough ,to compete without having an highest tech trillion dollar "subvention" (dont know the word sorry) system as yours seems to need.i more and more consider this the main reason why you support that armed forces).

dont get my wrong: i like you - simply cause i like human beings.i dont hate you or your country ,but...
                          ...this is ridiculous - absolutely irreal and cynical

take a look at a world map and show me country were you never commited war crime,were you never had stationed troops (peacefully),were you never waged war,were you never incited a revolt,were you never manipulated an election were you never commited really heavy industrial espionage and i will call you angels.
                          What industrial espionage?

We do not commit war crimes. Some of our officers have. But we have larglely arrested them and punished them.

If you have something else in mind though, please define what you mean by war crimes so we can discuss it, as I don't know what you mean.

As to getting the US out of Europe - agreed. You can do anything you want about security, including continuing with your present weakness if that is your choice. But without its own armed forces, Europe would have no means influencing global events.

I personally would like the US and Europe to continue to co-operate on matters. We share a common culture and political systems. We have a lot more in common that we have differences - especially compared to anyone else in the world. I would hope you would agree that we should be "friends."
                          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Ned

I personally would like the US and Europe to continue to co-operate on matters. We share a common culture and political systems. We have a lot more in common that we have differences - especially compared to anyone else in the world. I would hope you would agree that we should be "friends."
                            I second that, there is no other way to avoid conflict (of any kind) other than working together. In this case it's double meaningful for the reasons you have stated. I see no reason to dislike america's policies, especially when I know that we are now enjoying the fruits of their efforts, combined of course with our (european) to preserve freedom and peace as much as possible in Europe.
                            Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
                            Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
                            Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

What industrial espionage?
                              project echtelion, ups... I mean echelon

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion

project echtelion, ups... I mean echelon
                                Never heard of it.
                                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Working...
                                X