No announcement yet.

Im loosing faith in Capitalism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and a huge loan from seemingly neutral swiss banks.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Sorry, Chegitz, but this is what I still would see as "normal level". All the intellectual property laws are for those who can afford to pay and not for those with the brilliant wits. And so many other examples. Legal corruption in my eyes.

Looting Jews and foreign treasures is not corruption but theft (which makes it by no means better).

Edit: About the chances outside the party: It depended on your job. A lawyer who had not the money to buy benevolence otherwise had to be in the party, and likewise some other professions. Not the average carpenter, however. A pupil who was not in the Hitlerjugend could very often forget good marks at school (depending on the school, however).
      Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

So you're just defining the problem away.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I thought corruption could be things like Goering getting materials and labour diverted from the war effort to build him a new country home, and other similar excesses from the leadership.
          Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

I meant to include that. There's an excellent book on the subject, Big Business and Fascism, by a French anarchist, Daniel Guerin. Check it out, Aldabertus.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

They already had their country homes. They didn't need corruption for that.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Not really, but in relation to other countries/systems I think it is not extraordinary. And I'm still sure that theft != corruption.
                The example of Garth Vader is corruption. But I doubt there is any country which is free of things like that.
                Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

Dalgetti. The Nazis didn't start out being rich. They became rich after taking the government. Georing and Hitler were out of work bums. Himler was a chicken farmer. BY the time the war started, the party leaders were all wealthy men.

Comment

CQ, Is Castro wealthy?
                    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Nope. He might have guaranteed food, and a ride, and a nice little one bedroom apartment, but I wouldn't say he's wealthy. I did see a 60 Minutes report many years back, however, about the party elite living in the old mansions of the former elite. This was before the USSR pulled the subsidies though.

I should note, however, that Castro came from a very wealthy family, and if wealth and power were all he wanted, becoming a revolutionary wasn't a good way to go about it.

Comment

I think the whole problem with America's capitalistic economy is its attitude of laissez-faire, basically letting the market do whatever it wants and thinking that everthing will turn itself right again.

NOT SO!!!

We are finding that with this unrestricted view on the economy, the "Big Businesses" are shifting the market to suit their needs, wants, and expectations. This corruption is evident in the U.S. news today.

With this "outside influence" the CEO's of these companies are influencing politicians to pass legislative bills to help make them more money...it is this corruption that has seeped so deeply into American politics/economy that many of us are now becoming aware and sick of. The top 5% of the wealthy are basically helping each other out and aren't even considering the people below them, much to our dismay.

Now, I'm not a 100% supporter of communism because, quite frankly, the basic root of communism is violence. I believe that instead of violence, we should use our government the way its supposed to....if we don't like how somethings going, we change it. Simple. Unfortunately, "big business" has more resources than us and we tend to get squashed.

But, one quote comes to mind with "big business"-

When you get to the top of the mountain, the only way you can go is back down.
                        Examples: Enron, Worldcom, ImClone (sp?), e..t..c...,
                        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                        Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                        *****Citizen of the Hive****
                        "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

We DIDN'T starve.

Tell that to Ukrainians . And what was with those lines for bread?

Israel , who also had a planned economy , prior to the 70s, had a GDP growth of around 10%, annually , for 20 years!.

Because you were building from NOTHING. Of course you are going to have huge GDP growth rates when you start industrialzing an area. Look at the USSR under Stalin? 20% Growth! Amazing people said, but it was all taking technology already discovered in the west and applying it to a undeveloped economy. It petered out by the 70s and 80s, where growth was very low.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by frankychan
                            I think the whole problem with America's capitalistic economy is its attitude of laissez-faire, basically letting the market do whatever it wants and thinking that everthing will turn itself right again.

NOT SO!!!

We are finding that with this unrestricted view on the economy, the "Big Businesses" are shifting the market to suit their needs, wants, and expectations. This corruption is evident in the U.S. news today.

With this "outside influence" the CEO's of these companies are influencing politicians to pass legislative bills to help make them more money...it is this corruption that has seeped so deeply into American politics/economy that many of us are now becoming aware and sick of. The top 5% of the wealthy are basically helping each other out and aren't even considering the people below them, much to our dismay.

Now, I'm not a 100% supporter of communism because, quite frankly, the basic root of communism is violence. I believe that instead of violence, we should use our government the way its supposed to....if we don't like how somethings going, we change it. Simple. Unfortunately, "big business" has more resources than us and we tend to get squashed.

But, one quote comes to mind with "big business"-

Examples: Enron, Worldcom, ImClone (sp?), e..t..c...,
                            Well, franky, the commies were very good at getting at the root of corporate corruption. You could often see the bodies of the capitalist pig looters slowly twisting in the wind at the end of a rope.

Well, the way a lot of American feel today about Enron, ImClone and Wordcom, perhaps we ought to emulate the communists at least in terms of remedies.
                            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Despite my rhetoric sometimes, I'd rather the death penalty be abolished before we despose of the capitalists.

Comment

You traitor to the cause!!
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X