I don't understand why some people don't like gay people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't understand why some people don't like gay people

This is a serious thread okay, I'm not making a joke.

I found out one of my former friends is basically a hate monger. He hates gay people and said he wouldn't cry one bit if they all died. I tried to convince him that he was wrong, but I couldn't compete with 22 years of hate festering thought. Here are some points I'd like to make.

1) Everyone should be treated with an equal deal of respect regardless of color, ethnicity, sexual orientation, income level, IQ, and what sports team they root for (yes, even White Sox fans).

2) Why are homophobes scared of getting hit on by a gay guy? I mean, I'd take it as a compliment. In my experience, gay guys usually have higher standards when it comes to appearance. If some guy offers to buy you a drink or something, you know you are doing something right.

3) I'd say the majority of homosexuals have more respect for people's feelings in general. They know what its like to be made fun of and stuff, so they are more respectful and sensitive about stuff.

4) Being gay is not immoral, evil, or against the bible as many Christians like to twist the teachings of Christianity to justify their hatred and bigotry. About 20 percent of animals in the wild are gay (i.e. will try to mate with members of the same sex rather than an opposite one, animals, other than dolphins and humans, don't have sex for pleasure), so homosexuality isn't against nature.

Feel free to add any more points.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Re: I don't understand why some people don't like gay people

Originally posted by Sava
    1) Everyone should be treated with an equal deal of respect regardless of color, ethnicity, sexual orientation, income level, IQ, and what sports team they root for (yes, even White Sox fans).
    everyone is treated according to their income level.

Comment

IMHO It tells us a lot more about the haters than the people they hate.

Comment

Re: I don't understand why some people don't like gay people

Originally posted by Sava

3) I'd say the majority of homosexuals have more respect for people's feelings in general. They know what its like to be made fun of and stuff, so they are more respectful and sensitive about stuff.

4) Being gay is not immoral, evil, or against the bible as many Christians like to twist the teachings of Christianity to justify their hatred and bigotry. About 20 percent of animals in the wild are gay (i.e. will try to mate with members of the same sex rather than an opposite one, animals, other than dolphins and humans, don't have sex for pleasure), so homosexuality isn't against nature.

3) Religious point of view (jew, christian, muslim) Sodomy is forbidden. Man loving another guy, is not forbidden if there is no sex (I've seen no texts condemning the feeling of love between two men). Whatever Sex out of sacred union is forbidden and two men cannot marry.

4) Animals have incestuous sex too ... Males could fight to death for femals (not many races do it to death through).

4)
        Zobo Ze Warrior
        --
        Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

Only about half of homosexual men engage in anal sex. And if you're against oral sex, you should focus more on heterosexuals than homosexuals.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I would say that most of the men who fear homosexuals have never really got to know any. When they do they find out they are just humans like the rest of us, not sex-crazed perverts.
            ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
            ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
              I would say that most of the men who fear homosexuals have never really got to know any. When they do they find out they are just humans like the rest of us, not sex-crazed perverts.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Bonobo chimps have sex for other reasons than procreation i.e. pleasure.
                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I don't know if Oral sex is forbidden by religions of the Book.
                  I'll ask a priest about that.

I'm not aware about % of use of anal penetration between gay people as personnaly I don't care about what do people of their free time.

That some animals have homosexual relation-ship doen't prove that such sexuality is normal. Normality doesn't exist in nature, it's just an human point of view.

The real question is : "Is homosecuality acceptable in our modern society, or is homosexuality e threat ?".
                  My point of view is "no" (Edit : No, this is not a threat ! and yes it is acceptable !). I will not explain my point of view on that.

But to speak about your point 4), analogy with animal way of life is dangereous. By example : Animals don't care so much about incest. By your reasonment incest is a natural thing and human could have incestuous relation-ship. Of course, I'm not agree with that as I considere that prohibition of incest is a major brick of human social structure.
                  Zobo Ze Warrior
                  --

Comment

There's also animals like some spiders where the females eat the males after sex. I sure hope that woun't be considered natural.

Comment

An interesting thing I learned from getting to know them is that some gay guys dont like the really flamey queens. Ive heard several of them comment that they hate "fags". Also a few of them think that gay pride parades are stupid and give gays a bad image.

Comment

Hummm ... These already the case. I don't count any more women who ate my heart and my wallet.
                        Zobo Ze Warrior
                        --

Comment

Originally posted by Kropotkin
                          There's also animals like some spiders where the females eat the males after sex. I sure hope that woun't be considered natural.
                          But if animals do it then it must be okay! Its only "natural" after all...

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
                            An interesting thing I learned from getting to know them is that some gay guys dont like the really flamey queens. Ive heard several of them comment that they hate "fags". Also a few of them think that gay pride parades are stupid and give gays a bad image.
                            Maybe not a bad image, but surely a false one.
                            Not all gays like to half-nude dancing on techno rythms.
                            Zobo Ze Warrior
                            --

Comment

Originally posted by ZoboZeWarrior

Maybe not a bad image, but surely a false one.
                              Not all gays like to half-nude dancing on techno rythms.
                              I think that some floats in gay parades do give gays a bad image because the participants are intentionally trying to offend. I agree with my gay friends when they say "theres no need to act like perverts".

Comment

Working...
                              X