Corrupt America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrupt America

Really good article.. Is this the begining of the end for america and its global economic influence?
    Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
    and kill them!

Is this the begining of the end for america and its global economic influence?
    No. Yup, that is my answer... no.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

The point is good, though, that much of the current economic mess in the U.S. is due to the greed of corporate CEOs rather than the "inevitable market forces" like they claim. And the continued Wall Street stagnation is due to absolute distrust among investors of corporate leadership.

Companies will have to make some big changes to get back on the good side of the public after everything comes out about how deep and sordid the financial shenanigans are.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Fez

No. Yup, that is my answer... no.

I would have to agree with you Gian... oh sorry, Fez

America's economic decline has been going on for decades and if anything sped up during the 1990's.

Most americans have missed this because they spent the last 20 years concentrating on Russia and Japan which have both disappeared off the radar as economic/military threats.
        However the US economy's share of global output fell even faster during the 1990's than during the 1970's or 1980's.

The EU, China and India all saw a large rise in their's output as a share of the US's - the EU going from 89% in 1990 to 97% in 2000 (although this was mainly because of the addition of new countries), India improving from 21% to 28% and China powering ahead from 34% to 53%.
        In contrast the biggest the Soviet Union's economy ever got was 49% of the USA's (in 1980) and Japan only managed 42% (in1991).
        19th Century Liberal, 21st Century European

Comment

You misinterpreted. I meant that America is not losing strength GDP worth, infact growing tremendously.

It is just losing strength overseas because other economies are growing at a faster rate.

The EU won't last btw, I don't believe in it.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
            The point is good, though, that much of the current economic mess in the U.S. is due to the greed of corporate CEOs rather than the "inevitable market forces" like they claim. And the continued Wall Street stagnation is due to absolute distrust among investors of corporate leadership.
            Yes, it's all the CEOs fault. Perhaps if we put you in charge we could get this economy rollin'!

Companies will have to make some big changes to get back on the good side of the public after everything comes out about how deep and sordid the financial shenanigans are.
            Only a complete and utter ****** would take the Enron fiasco and paint it across all companies and force them to earn the public's trust back.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Corruption is a global problem, not just in the United States. Just because your scandal-mongers aren't in the spotlight right now sure as hell doesn't mean they don't exist.

Gatekeeper
              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

A Corporate (Crime) State
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Nice post, asher... right on the spot...

Boris: Yeah, it is always the companies fault... lets destroy the company.

And what economic mess in the US? Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                    A Corporate (Crime) State
                    I saw "Nader" in the URL, laughed, and kept scrolling down.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

And you want real corruption look at Argentina.

The US has a very transparent government which overcomes that.

Che: A corporate (crime) state? Wonderful... just wonder... blame the companies, damage the companies, make the people even worse off....

Comment

Oh I see, and letting the companies do whatever they want has workled so wonderfully well.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                          I saw "Nader" in the URL, laughed, and kept scrolling down.
                          Your loss. Ignore him at your peril. Even the right in the US doesn't do that.

Comment

Ok, Asher maybe look at the recent Time article on corporate thievry. I don't have a link but I have the magazine at home

Enron is not an isolated case.
                            Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

It was the tip of the iceburg.

Comment

Working...
                              X