italy 1 - korea & referee 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• italy 1 - korea & referee 2

this was a shameful match. they did everything they could and finally managed to throw italy out.

Yep, the referees have been anti-European on Blatter's orders.

You just watch how unfairly England will be treated against Brazil.
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Of course, no orders here, but the goal on 115 (?) minute was there, most probably.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Boddington's
        Yep, the referees have been anti-European on Blatter's orders.

You just watch how unfairly England will be treated against Brazil.
        i also suspect that. brazilians were given a helping hand against belgium and turkey

Comment

Don't make me laugh. The italians brough this entirely on themselves... The referee didn't make one truly bad decision, with only the Totti sending off being mildly contentious.

No, It was Italy's boring ****ing play that lost them the game. No lame excuses, please.
          Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
          Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Snapcase buzz off!

If I am not mistaken an Ecuadorian was the referree... Ecuador was defeated by Italy... maybe it was the referee's way of getting back at Italy. Pathetic.
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

*yawn*

Bad Losers making bad excuses.
              Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
              Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Snapcase, did you watch Japan - Turkey earlier? Now that was boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapcase
                  *yawn*

Bad Losers making bad excuses.
                  Hey pal, I am cheering for Spain...

I was just upset it wouldn't of been an Italy/Spain match.. because that would of been interesting... hey now Spain has a bigger chance in getting pass the quarterfinals.
                  For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

After a few results out here, I'm quite fearing to make predictions, even for Germany-USA.

Comment

I'm generally not lamenting about referees, but this WC is full of completely freaked out decisions, especially against Italy. It's no fun at all this way. I don't know if this is some FIFA decision to help Brazil, I don't think so. But I would feel so badly betrayed if I were Italian that I wouldn't even go on watching the rest of the competition. Even though Italy didn't play attractively, I have seen much more boring games and much more "Catenaccio" tactics of other teams. Korea deserved to get to the Extra-Time, but Italy was betrayed of the victory.
                      What a shame! The referee should never get another game again!
                      "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                      "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

People blaming their team sucking on the ref:

Italy has not had a good tournament so far- they barely qualified for the tournament only because Ecuador didn't lose to Croatia in the last game. They lost to Croatia- heck the only team they beat during the whole WC was Ecuador. Korea on the other had has played marvelous so far and it didn't suprise me at all that they won. Plus I am happy to see Korea win because it was them beating Portugal that let the US advance!

Go Korea! Let's hope Spain is the next team to lose to them.
                        "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

I'm not even a tifoso of the Italians, nor is it of any relevancy how good/bad a team played. Fact is that Italians faced more uncorrect decisions than any other team during WC.
                          "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                          "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Shi, Spain should not lose....

Comment

Referees did an extremely bad job in refereeing Italy in this WC.

I can easily say that 4 legal goals had been disallowed (2 against Croatia, 1 against Mexico, 1 against Korea)
                              only one in my opinion was really offside.
                              But probably my view is distorted by me being a big supporter of football. And of course Italy.

But one thing is sure for me.
                              Italy should have not, and can not play so defensively ever again.
                              That was our big probleme.Closing in defense against a weaker team, is like inviting them to score, if you are stronger, like Italy is, compared to Mexico or Korea (IMHO), you should attack, do not allow them to attack, because they would be too scared of receiving a shot fro Vieri, Inzaghi, Del Piero or Totti.

I had enough of this defensive minded people.
                              People when think of the Italian football team, think of 10 defender plus a goalkeeper, but we have so many good affensive player that is a shame not using them.

We deserved to go out, no matter how bad the referees were, Hopefully after losing EuroCup2000, WorldCup2002 and the Italian Clubs, full of great champions, underperforming in the European competitions for 3 years in a row should have teach our coaches that is time to change.
                              Offense is the best defense they say..... How come they do the opposite

Saluti
                              "Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else.
                              The trick is the doing something else."
                              — Leonardo da Vinci
                              "If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
                              "In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio

Comment

Working...
                              X