Canadian Police demonstrate the proper handling of rabble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Police demonstrate the proper handling of rabble

Why do these people think that their cause justifies assaulting police personnel?

Why do they feel their views justify blocking the movements of democratically elected representatives by hostile mobs?

Why do they whine when they get treated like the rabble they are?

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Oh great. No wonder the CBC was so unsympathetic.

Some of the morons attacked media camera crews just before the police came forward and began arresting people.

Seems they objected to the camera crew filming the burning of an American flag. 'F*ck the corporate media' is the audible and repeated line while the cameraman is attacked by masked individuals.

Sorry, no link. Just watched footage on the news.

They should enjoy Alberta. Parts of a regular forces regiment have been deployed to guard the meeting site. Welcome international rabble.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

The Cans burnt an American flag! I better get my forces ready for the invasion.
      Know your enemies!
      "Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!" ~ Dr. Strangelove

Comment

Re: Canadian Police demonstrate the proper handling of rabble

Originally posted by notyoueither
        Why do these people think that their cause justifies assaulting police personnel?
        "assualting police personnel"? These guys are suited up in riot gear, are trained and armed, ect... their sole purpose of being there is to stop the protestors... you make it sound like people are roaming the streets, looking for cops to beat up.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

DA, I suspect they were not Canadians. G7 meeting.

Osweld, assault is assault. Or do you disagree with the rule of law? Do you think it only applies if you agree with the people attacked?
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)

Comment

*yawns* people need to get used to the idea that the global economy is here to stay and adjust.

Comment

fight the power!

Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

So it doesn't matter that citizens (media camera operators) were being attacked by an unruly mob sporting the Palestinian flag?

Sorry. Didn't mention the flag bit before did I? Didn't think it was relevant until you posted that link.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)

Comment

I sent them these comments:

Anyone reading this article would think that you and your friends had been forced to be there demonstrating. Having a point to make is no reason to stop people from moving around nor to assault police, or to disobey the police.

Quite apart from that, you are parading your biases proudly in the open here. You mention'the interests of the few against those of the many' at least twice, as well as claiming that your friends were arrested for 'wanting social justice'. For example, you state that 'the first order of business was to remove those pesky metal barricades'. There was no need for you to do that.

As I said before, you are whinging about the consequences of your own actions. If you and the rest of you had not been there demonstrating, nothing would have gone wrong. Nobody would have been arrested and none of you would have got hurt.

Comment

Re: Canadian Police demonstrate the proper handling of rabble

Originally posted by notyoueither

Why do they feel their views justify blocking the movements of democratically elected representatives by hostile mobs?

Why do they whine when they get treated like the rabble they are?

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2002/06/15/demo_halifax020615
                    1) Attacking police isn´t a very good tactic IMO. Not if you´re not threatened or your civil rights are violated.

2) G8 is only indirectly democratically elected. They´re elected to govern their respective home-countries, not to divide the world between them for profit. They are a elite group of countries that act like imperialist capitalist countries have done since the Vienna congress in 1815.

From Indymedia Ontario
                    On the 26 of June the people of Canada and Québec will unite to express their dissent to the neo-liberal policies of the G8 countries. To make an impact our demonstrations ought to be free of any restraint. We are demonstrating our anger of the policies that are violent toward the people; they serve no other purpose but to take away our basic human rights, striping us of our dignity, and are responsible for the death of score of people throughout the world everyday.
                    The liberal party of Canada, and to certain extent, the opposition parties in Ottawa, have conspired with businessmen and the big corporations to enslave us, to deliver us hands tied in our back to the new slave masters of the 21 century.
                    3) IMO It´s hard to judge what treatment they deserve if you´ve not been there. You wasn´t there either nye, but you choose to belive corporate media. They only show you what they want you to see, they are stooges of the capitalist system after all.

But since I know how stupid anarchists can act at times and how the repressive police tactics works in North America I can´t really say who´s guilty and who´s not.
                    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

I hope they use rubber bullets or at least the taser guns at the G8 summit here. For all this money we're spending I'd better see entertainment out of it.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Asher. I hope you´ll get unjustly teargassed sometime. See how entertaining you´ll find that...

Comment

Unjustly my ass, Kamrat.

They're already disrupting the city.

They keep demanding the right to CAMP in public parks.

The mayor has told them for 3 months no "NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT! GO FIND A CAMPGROUND OUTSIDE OF THE CITY! YOU CANNOT CAMP IN PUBLIC PARKS!". Every week they ask, "Can we camp in the public parks?!". ARGH!

And now they don't have any campsites booked. Guess where they're going to try to camp?

They're *******s. At least ORGANIZE your damn protests so you don't prevent us from using our damn parks like they're intended, the bastards.

Plus I'm not talking about using rubber bullets on an innocent crowd. I'm talking about when they get disruptive (which they will, they're attention starved little sh*ts), they should get what's coming to them.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Sorry Kamrat. I saw footage of cameramen being attacked by a bunch of dweebs. They seemed to be intent on saying f*ck anything that looks like the establishment. I have no sympathy.

The G7 (which BTW the meeting was for, not G8; Russia is joining later) is about managing our economies, not overturning Indian democracy to reimpose the Raj.

Yes. The anarchists seemed to have acted pretty stupid. In Canada it is a wee bit accepted to have a go at the police in minor ways. It has happened from time to time. Coming armed to a confrontation is ruled off side though. Going after anybody else? Not on your f*ckin life! No matter your cause.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                              Unjustly my ass, Kamrat.

They're already disrupting the city.

They keep demanding the right to CAMP in public parks.

The mayor has told them for 3 months no "NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT! GO FIND A CAMPGROUND OUTSIDE OF THE CITY! YOU CANNOT CAMP IN PUBLIC PARKS!". Every week they ask, "Can we camp in the public parks?!". ARGH!

And now they don't have any campsites booked. Guess where they're going to try to camp?

They're *******s. At least ORGANIZE your damn protests so you don't prevent us from using our damn parks like they're intended, the bastards.

Plus I'm not talking about using rubber bullets on an innocent crowd. I'm talking about when they get disruptive (which they will, they're attention starved little sh*ts), they should get what's coming to them.
                              It was the "entertainment" part of your post I thought was a bit stupid. But there is other ways than rubber bullets to handle "attention starved little ****s" you know

Of course this require at least a minimum of effort from the organizers to keep their own people on a tight leash, as well as a more open attitude from the city council (that does not include camping in public parks without permission though...) In Gothenburg cooperation between the city council and the organizers was extremly good. (Then the police ****ed it up, but that´s another story...)

Otherwise I agree with you that protests MUST be well organized, too bad anarchists loathe organization

Comment

Working...
                              X