X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God Bless the Fatherland.
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hmm, I believe Germany to be in the right. If the US government gives a guarantee they won't execute him, then the evidence should be handed over.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
        Our duty to human rights is a tad more important to us than our duty to your truth.
        Fair enough. I sympathize with Germany's position, as I can understand the principle behind their opposition of the death penalty. However, particularly because of the nature of this case, Germany's refusal to hand over the evidence, long after it made it's point vis-a-vis the death penalty, is IMO pretty unfriendly.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
          Our duty to human rights is a tad more important to us than our duty to your truth.
          "you truth"? what's that supposed to mean? that we would lie to convict this person?

hmmm, on second thought with ashcroft anything is possible

Comment

As a matter of fact, there's no such thing as "our duty to truth". Our constitution's first article is about human rights, not about property and imperialism.

What the US wants is irrelevant if it's connected with human rights violation in the eyes of an enlightened country/continent even.

Besides, it's funny how we can actually have information the almighty and omnipresent US don't have

Comment

Considering the fact, that Schroeder has gotten pretty unpopular here, promising "unlimited solidarity to the US" (guess "limited" would be ok), and the fact that he wants to be re-elected this year, I do not wonder why he tries to show that he has some balls, even more since he's supported by constitution and law.

In the US the presidents do even worse things, just to be re-elected .

Comment

Was zur Hölle ist ein Hundsfott?

Comment

Ein feiger, niederträchtiger Kerl.

Comment

So hypothetically speaking, if this man had committed mass murders in Germany as well , and had plans for further acts of terrorism in Germany, would Germany be justified withholding evidence that would condemn this man in the US if doing so might mean letting the man free to kill again?

I take it that the EU now repudiates the Nuremberg trials and would hinder attempts by Israel to extradite Nazis war criminals if the opportunity came up?

The irony here is that the Europeans drove the Jews out of Europe, and now they're fighting for their lives. The US is supporting them and suffering for it. The ultimate offenders sit in their comfy chairs and shake their heads over the whole mess, but are unwilling to lift a finger to help their victims while endlessly mouthing platitudes of humanitarianism. Truly Kafka is alive and well in Europe.
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

All Germany is doing is hindering prosecution and withholding evidence to prevent the conviction of a terrorist... jeez, how pathetic. And some of you people actually support preventing justice of being passed? How disgusting.
                      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

" I take it that the EU now repudiates the Nuremberg trials and would hinder attempts by Israel to extradite Nazis war criminals if the opportunity came up?"

I am interested in hearing an answer to this as well.

If those are the laws, then fine. However, it would be a shame to see those laws applied unevenly.
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I truly wonder what Germany would do if they had been subjected to such a catastrophic attack. The closest thing that I can recall was the Munich Olympic massacres. None of the terrorists survived. I think it was about at this time that a number of German terrorists were mysteriously found hung in their cells. German authorities claimed it was spontaneous mass suicide. Yeah, we used to have that problem down South.
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo
                            All Germany is doing is hindering prosecution and withholding evidence to prevent the conviction of a terrorist... jeez, how pathetic. And some of you people actually support preventing justice of being passed? How disgusting.
                            No, they are obeying their own laws.

What I find disgusting is the self-righteousness in all your posts.
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I think that it's yet another pathetic european ego-centric attempt to force their own morals onto others.

There are many different civilizations in the world, and eurocoms have no right to force their culture and morals on america.

And they did force it, as they put it as a condition of a matter not relating to german law.

What next, refusal of EC to sell condomes to America unless they allow gay marraige?

The real issue here is upholding international laws and agreements - such as sharing evidence against dangerous terrorists.

The death penatly is not germany's bussiness.

In any case - they could protest if he had gotten the DP. However he didn't yet.

What they are doing is obstructing justice, because they are in moral disagreement with the American penal law.

That's terribly ethno-centric of them. But then again, that's what the EC stands for - Ethno-Centric.

Comment

Yes, that's why the geopolitical region is usually referred to as the EU.

Siro, they aren't "forcing" their morals on anybody else; they have the right to decide to hand over evidence or not, and they have the right to ask that certain conditions be met before they do so.

I'm allowed to decide not to sell you a gun if I think you might not use it responsibly.
                                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Killing it is the new killing it
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X