No announcement yet.

I don't get a lot of the quotations people put in their sigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The PETA part is just something that caught my eye at the PETA website. It just sounded so deliciously silly I had to appropiate it.

New addition is a wise quote by a great, great man.
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Like now, I quoted from Moby ****. Revenge led Captain Ahab to kill himself in trying to kill the whale
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I like the No Pants Wonder Day, Stefu.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Mine is a simple lesson learned in life, and seemed real appropriate for the OT. (and "Testicles, the other white meat", got old)

RAH
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I don't understand my own sig

Comment

Mine is a quote from the Billy Bragg song 'Take Down The Union Jack', and is pretty self-explanatory...
              "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

some dudes being silly on poly, some cool dude being a middle earth hero.

Comment

"Grog want tank" is from a very old Civ I cheat program I once saw. It had a number of different intros when you were loading it, and "grog want tank Grog Want Tank GROG WANT TANK! was one of them. The cheat program allowed you to go ahead and give Grog his Tank in 4000BC.

The second one is a quote I've heard attributed to Mao, but even if he never said it, I just think it's amusing.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Mine is a quote from Grandpa Simpson extracted from an episode in which Springfield was being terrorized by a sneak thief. The TV writers in turn ripped it off from advice given to a subordinate by the leader of Catholic forces in southern France during the suppression of the Cathar heresey regarding how to deal with populations where it was not obvious who was a heretic and who was not. Translated into English I believe the exact phrase was: "Do not overly trouble yourself. God knows his own."
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

---
                      "A witty saying proves nothing."
                      - Voltaire (1694-1778)

Comment

Mine's wrong. But I keep being told its out of context. If I could find the context, I'd check...
                        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

They are self explanitory, but both have a lot of meaning to me, the first being that 10,000 miles is no obstacle for my love and I.
                          I love you Sweetheart
                          The other requires no explaination.
                          Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.
                          We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

Comment

Stube and the other Finnish people should be able to guess mine before the end of the day. If not, I'll explain it later.

Comment

Monk, that's similar to mine... only that your's is about 15 years older...
                              I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Well, that lasted what... a minute? Way to go!

It's a Finnish entry from a Eurovision Song Contest years back. I've remembered the chorus, because it was... well... catchy. Very catchy. It sticks on your brain for hours after you've heard it, even if you don't know Finnish. I think it only recieved points from a single country - Sweden no less - and it ended up in last place.

Comment

Working...
                                X