X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't get a lot of the quotations people put in their sigs

Explain them here if you like

Origins, history, meaning, you know the drill
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

What a magnificent possibility for trolling * drool *...

The quotes in my signature generally exhibit one of two possible properties of the mind... Either sheer idiocy (sometimes from people who don't consistently act like idiots) or sheer brilliance. In the latter case the quote usually pertains in some way to the greatest OS ever, Linux.

Currently... my first quote is from Urban Ranger, who definitely doesn't act like an idiot consistently. Except in Asher-made threads. For some reason he seems to tend to lose a rather large part of his IQ in those...

... the latter quote comes from an unsuccesful search. I was trying to find out the exact form of Markos's "Administrators, by definition, do not spam" quote, or even find out if he had ever actually said that. Instead of finding that, I found yet another "interesting" evolution-creation thread with the usual arguments being thrown to both directions. And like always, there was this one creationist who kept the discussion alive mostly by using arguments that don't fit into even the most elementary and general definition of logic that I know. I have it in my signature as a reminder of how differently people can think...
    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

I don´t get my own sig, can someone explain it to me?
      Blah

Comment

Mine is something I used to say to someone special that is no longer with me.
        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Currently, Snapcase's description of my website.
          Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

.... but what does this "Rocks tonic juice MAGIC" mean? Is it a reference to some drink?
            This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Rocks Tonic Juice Magic

It's not really got any relevance to the site whatsoever, and hence the Private-Eye-Emo-Conservatism...
              Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Pluck the day but be aware to die.

I have combined both famous lines.
                It's because I'm a christian, I believe we're here on earth to enjoy life. That's why God created it, but we should be aware as well that we have to die one day. Don't live like there's no tomorrow.
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

My quotes are from January of 1999. It was back when my life was going great: SMAC was going to released in about a month, I was running a successful SMAC site, and there was a large effort to reveal CTP for the fraud it was.

The first quote is to show how involved I was in the effor. The second is to show that Activision really tried to pass CTP off as Civ3.

They are there to remind me of how I once was.
                  "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                  "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                  "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                  "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

"My forum is better than this one": a troll thread to draw attention to your own sig, Horse?

I think I understand about 50% of mine. I was amused by how fundies who believe in the absolute truth conveyed by the One True God can divide themselves into so many little boxes based on their own interpretations of what the Bible actually says.

Comment

Hmm, my two quotes. One is just a very funny one from The Onion, the other is a remar by Asher about me

Comment

In my sig the first quote tells everything about me
                        In my sig the second quote tells everything about the greeks in general.
                        I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

1st line is an Eric Clapton song title , 2nd is Civ Tribe name; the rest is self-explanatory, even for you.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

mine's from the kosovo cycle, about how the serbs got their asses kicked as usual
                            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

I try to have something that pisses people off. Sometimes, though, I just write something that I heard that I like.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X